5. Potions

DISCLAIMER: IN THIS STORY HOGWARTS IS LIKE SOME KIND OF COLLEGE YOU GET ACCEPTED WHEN YOU'RE 18. SO WE'RE NOT 11, SO EVERY RELATIONSHIP IN THIS STORY IS LEGAL. ALSO TONKS IS OLDER HERE SO SHE WAS IN SCHOOL WITH THE MAURAUDERS. AND SNAPE NEVER FELL IN LOVE WITH LILY THEY WERE ONLY BEST FRIENDS.

When we woke up we almost immediately ran towards the great hall. The food here was amazing. And Ron clearly agreed with me cause he shoved his third waffle down his throat.

"We're having potions first." said Hermione. "I'm kinda excited I've read a lot about different potions and how they work it's very interesting!"

Ron, Hermione, Harry and I have all of our classes together, which is such a relieve. At least I didn't have to go to potions alone.

"I don't know Hermione, the professor is kinda rude." I said.

"What do you mean?" Ron asked while he was chewing on his fourth waffle.

"She bumped into him while we were at Diagon Alley and he asked her if she had eyes in her head..." said Harry.

"I'm sure it can't be that bad." said Hermione.

"Oh no, it's worse." I said while laughing.

We walked towards the dungeons, it was cold and it was not a very welcoming place. But it seems fitting to Snape. He was also very cold and not welcoming at all. We sat down at a table, I was sitting next to Hermione and Harry was sitting next to Ron.

At that moment the door slammed open and Snape walked into the classroom, it was not really walking it was more like strutting. Hermione looked terrified.

"I told you." I whispered.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... "

I was taking notes. I was actually kinda intrigued by what he said. Snape walked over to me, clearly thinking I wasn't paying attention.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention."

Hermione tapped me with her elbow. At that moment I found myself looking right in the dark eyes of the potions master.

"Ms. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

I shrugged. How was I supposed to know?! I mean he's the potions master right. This guy already annoys me.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Ms. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know, sir." I said. This is humiliating actually.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" he asked.

I knew it had something to do with werewolves, but I didn't know what the difference was between the both of them.

"I don't know, sir."

"Pity. Clearly fame isn't everything... Is it, Potter?"

This guy makes my blood boil, I swear.

At that moment Hermione started answering the previous questions he asked me.

"Sir, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." she said.

He turned to her with a dissaproving look.

"Well? Why aren't you all copying this down?" he said.

Everyone started writing the answers down as quickly as they could. The class was clearly affraid of this man and I can't blame them.

"Today we're going to review the ingredients of the wiggenweld potion. What do you use this potion for?"

Hermione immediatly raised her hand. But instead of waiting to answer she just spitted the answer out.

"It's a healing potion sir!"

"That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" he said.

I saw Hermione's lip quivering while tears were forming in her eyes. This goes too far. That man really has to learn some manners.

I stood up.

"STOP IT, don't you see you're hurting her?! It's not because you're a professor you have the right to say everything you fucking want!" I yelled. I don't know what happened I just yelled it without thinking of the consequences.

"SIT DOWN!" he said, clearly being angry about my outburst.

Hermione pulled me down on the sleeve of my robe.

He started walking over to our desk and leaned over it.

"Done Potter? Detention. Tonight. 6pm. Don't be late. And Gryffindors, note that fifty points, will be taken from your house... for disobeying and cursing in class."

Harry looked at me while rolling his eyes. I knew I had to think before I said something but injustice makes me so angry.

"Thats such bullshit..." I whispered towards Hermione while Snape was walking to the front of the class.

He immediatly turned towards me.

"You can take that language straight to another detention ms. Potter."

"Congrats you're the first student who lost house points AND got detention this year."

Harry looked at me and shaked his head.

When we got dismissed I made sure I got out of that classroom as fast as possible.

"Really y/n? Is it so difficult to keep your mouth shut?" some Gryffindor asked me in the hallway.

"Don't take it too personal y/n. You stood up for your friends. That's a good thing!" Ron said.

"Yeah, thank you." Hermione said.

"Well, I guess Sirius will be proud of you!" Harry said while laughing.

"Yeah, but I think Remus won't." I said.

"Don't worry about it... You'll be alright!"

Draco pushed me out of his way with his shoulder.

"Look where you're walking Potter! And thank you for letting us win the housecup so easily, with you in Gryffindor we're sure we will win."

"Shut up Malfoy!" Harry said.

He huffed and dissapeared.

That afternoon we had flying class and transfigurations. I absolutly loved flying. When I fly I feel so free that all my thoughts dissapear. I worried a lot that afternoon about the fact that I had to attend detention with the man I probably hated the most of this whole school.