Thanatophobia

Thanatophobia is commonly referred to as the fear of death. More specifically, it can be a fear of death or a fear of the dying process. It's natural for someone to worry about their own health as they age.

Charlie broke into tears as he stared at the thing in front of him.

Miller shot several times but bullets disappeared in johnson's body for few seconds, just to fall on the ground while Johnson, or whatever took her form was standing there with a sick smirk.

_no...I can't die...not now...not like this..I don't want to die..._Miller muttered as he stared at johnson shocked.

_timees up.._  it said as it started moving towards Miller, walking past other two men, ignoring them as it chased terrified Miller who ran as fast as he could.

However, before he could reach the door, Johnson dashed towards him at dating speed and stopped his birthday legs simultaneously.

Miller screamed from pain as he fell and tried to crawl away.
Both Gray and Charlie kept shooting at that thing, just to end up wasting more bullets.

Both of them were in panic as well, only thinking of somehow shooting that thing down.
Johnson meanwhile stabbed into Miller's one leg in same spot as before, holding him on place.
_"Tell me detective... Are you
afraid? "_
It asked.

Miller nodded, tears streaming down his face.
_" yes... Yes I'm afraid.. Please, let me go"_
He begged while in agony.
However, Johnson showed jo mercy and stabbed  Miller in head, killing him.

Gray stared at the Miller's body as a small pound of blood appeared around and said pound quickly growing larger.

Gray then quickly snapped out grabbing Charlie's hand and ran towards the exit.

there was no guarantee that, that door would hold the creature but they could at least try.

As they finally reached the door Gray looked back, just to see that there, where once Johnson was standing a deer's skull was laying with weird symbols written on it.

 Tho as soon as charlie looked at it, it began to change shape _Charlie don't look!_shouted Gray and terrified Charlie did what other said, immediately looking away.
As soon as charlie looked away skull took its previous form.

It took Gray a few seconds to realize that what he read in the book was true.
They were now looking at one of the summons, a temporary body for that creature...Feared.

In the book, it was written that by removing symbols and crushing vessel, they'd neutralize that summon, though the total number of summons wasn't written in the book, nor the locations.

_wait for me outside_said Gray as he pushed charlie outside and locked the door ignoring other's plead to open the door, not to leave him alone outside  and banging on the door.

Gray took a deep breath as they walked towards the summon.
it didn't seem to move at all, which was weird...very weird.

Gray then kneeled down and carefully began to wipe the symbols off, fortunately, they got removed easily.

Gray then got up and took a deep breath as he kicked the skull with full force several times, crushing it into pieces.

The next second remains of the deer's skull turned into ash and Gray sighed from relief.
he then walked back towards the door and opened it _everything is over Charlie, we survived_ he said as he gently hugged sobbing Charlie who tackle hugged he as soon as they opened the door.

_don't scare me like that again please_ said, Charlie.

Gray sighed _ I'm sorry but I can't promise you that_ he replied he softly patted other, trying to calm him down somehow.
_but I cannot promise to try_
He added.

After a while, Charlie calmed down more or less and let other go _ I want to go with you and help you!_ Charlie then suddenly stated.

Gray looked at Charlie with a soft gaze as he sighed_...I'm sorry but I can't bring you with me, it's dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt_he said as he then began to walk towards the exit.

_W-WAIT! I..Uhm...I found something in the evidence room, next to that box where we found that..that thing....it's a map with odd symbols like one on that skull, their locations are marked on it ...but I'll only give it to you if you'll take me with you!_he said.

Gray looked at Charlie intrigued
_ why do you want to come with me so much? you almost died from fear a few seconds ago_he said, being honestly confused.

Charlie looked at him with a firm gaze _ That's exactly why ai want to go! I dont want to be weak and pathetic, I don't want to he afraid! I want to get over my fears...I'm done with being scared of everything _he stated, determination burning in his eyes.

Gray sighed, he didn't want to kill other's spirit, plus he really needed that map so he decided to accept Charlie's offer_...fine, let's go_ he said as they walked out with Charlie, who quickly followed him behind.

_so? where are we going?-asked charlie with a cheerful voice.
Gray facepalmed, this was gonna be a long journey.

_...there was another case like this one...in San Francisco back in the 1980s, we're going there to investigate that case_ he said as he  got in the car.
Once  Charlie was inside, with a seat belt on, Gray started the engine, driving off.

After few hours of ride, the sun began to set and Gray  got tired, his eyes were burning from driving for so long and Charlie was sound asleep. So, he decided that it'd be a good idea to stop in a hotel for a night.
The problem is that they were in the middle of nowhere.
Meaning there were no motels nearby

Fortunately,  soon enough he noticed one rather...old looking Motel in distance, Gray had a bad feeling about that place but he deiced that it was better than driving for another 8 hours or sleeping in car  and getting a horrible neck pain.
Thus he decided to stay there for a night.

Gray stopped the car on empty parking lots and gently shook Charlie _wake up_he said with a soft voice, not wanting to scare other.
_hmm?...oh, I had fallen asleep..I'm sorry Gray_Chatlie mumbled in a sleepy voice.

Gray shook his head as he smiled
_it's okay, no need to apologize for being tired, now let's go get some proper rest_he said as they got out of the car and knocked on the motel's door as the doorbell was nowhere to be found.

Charlie walked towards the door as well, standing behind Gray, sharing  the same bad feeling about that place.

soon enough a creepy looking old man opened the door and as he saw two of them he glare daggers at them but said nothing.
he simply stood back, allowing them to enter the building.

Charlie and Gray entered the motel as the darkness inside of that building "swallowed them" and the door was shut behind them.