Chapter 1: Her

Simone's POV:

I love ma sister but sometimes the girl can really get on my nerves. She's always there for me but she also always treats me like a kid. I never get to defend myself because she does it for me.

It's a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because all the older kids know not to mess with me. She's the "it" girl. But it's a curse because everyone in the 9th grade thinks I still need my big sister to fight my own battles and I DON'T. I can fend for myself...kinda.

She also won't let me have a boyfriend. I really like this older boy Michael. She says I'm too young for him.

He an I were talking. His arms were wrapped around my waist and my back was against the wall while he caressed my curves. I had butterflies. His voice was soft and sweet and calming then she had to ruin it and pull me away from him.

She made this whole big ass scene in the middle of the hallway. Hitting his chest. Nudging his head with her finger. Mean mugging him just doing all this extra stuff and on top of that she told our older brother on me. I'm not allowed to talk to Michael anymore or they'll tell on me to momma and daddy.

Ugh! I hate being the youngest.

"Bye girls, be good" momma said, specifically eyeing me. I turned my head to roll my eyes and huffed. "Bye momma see you after school"

"That reminds me, Dia" she turned to my sister. "Ask a friend for a ride home, daddy and I will be at a very important dinner meal for your daddy's upgraded employment" Dia just nodded. Her nose was always stuck in her phone sometimes it gets really annoying. We got out the car and walked into the school building.

Michael and the rest of her friends were sitting together in the lunchroom for breakfast. I sat next to Megan, Dia's best friend, since there were no more seats left she was left stuck in between Michael and Pac. Pac was like a brother to us. Of course you know her relationship between Michael.

I stared at him to gain his attention it worked slightly. He did look at me just didn't seem very pleased to see me, but still he smiled.

I couldn't help but stare at him. All of him. Dia was on her phone. She really didn't wanna sit by Michael I could tell because she was leaning away from him. I guess he noticed because just like the asshole he was he wrapped his arm around her.

"Get the fuck offa me mafucka" she shook him off and turned her face up at him. "Why do you act like that? You always got a pissy attitude" "Because I can. I don't like you" she hissed back. "Not a lot of people do"

Just then the bell wrong. "Come on Simone. I gotta get you to class" she said still mean mugging Michael.

~Michaels POV~

I saw Dia and Simone walk off into the chaotically filled hallway. My eyes were stuck on Dia. I always had a little bit of a crush on her. The only reason I did what I did with Simone is because I wanted to make her jealous. All it did was make her hate me even more though.

We had first, second, third, and last period together. She sat in her seat which was just in front of mine. I tapped her shoulder but she shrugged me away.

"You ignoring me?" She didn't answer. "This why nobody mess with black girls now. Always got a stank ass attitude"

She turned around and stared at me as if I lost my mind...I did. "You don't date black women because we don't put up with your bullshit. We always holdin y'all down but who there to hold us down?! Boy fuck you!"

Our teacher, Mr. Johnson a tall biggish black man who was our debate class teacher. "Language Ms. Harper" she turned around to face the front of the class. "Can I move seats please?"

"Well considering that all the seats in this room are filled...I would say no" she huffed and layer her head in the palm of her hand. "Guess you're stuck with me"

"Mr. Jackson" what the bell does he want? He's always calling my god damn name. "What man?" "Can you tell me why you're always picking with her?" "I guess I like seeing people get mad for no reason" I shrugged and say back. "No reason? Your anti blackness is showing I suggest picking it up and throwing it out"

"What are you talking about Dia?" "He said he didn't talk to black women because we always have attitudes" "I was just joking" I said plainly. "Mr. Jackson if you aren't already aware that's one of the biggest issues that haunts us as black people. It's called self hatred. People don't say things they don't mean even if you didn't full heartedly believe that just a tiny part of you did. That's why we need to be more mindful of what we say"

She smirked looking me up and down. "Why do black people make everything about themselves?" Matt said. He was one of those kids constantly arguing with the teachers. "And it's the ignorance in you that haunts white people. Like I was saying the two teams from Friday please stand up and take your positions everyone else please be respectful of your classmates"

Dia got up and strutted to her teams captain podium. I bit my lip at her and placed one hand in my lap. There's just something about this girl that sets my adrenaline on fire.

To be continued....

Yay a new book 😭💀💀 I'm always comin up wit new books it's not even funny anymore.