Eloura- Part 1

I am a champion. I am an assassin. I am a fighter. I am a woman. I am Eloura Caddel- AKA the Misfit.

I kill for money. Literally, my services are used by only the wealthiest people in Valorin. Usually, criminals trying to get a job done with minimal blood on their hands, but it doesn't matter if the blood is on mine, right? As long as I get the money, I don't bother asking questions. I have done services for many different people, but the last person I expected to hire me was the king.

Two days earlier

Do you ever wonder what's going on in someone's house? Is their family indulging in a nice hot meal? Are they eating alone? Or maybe nobody's there at all. Perhaps they went out for dinner- left the comfort of home and tried something new. Then again, maybe they are not eating at all. Instead, they could be watching a movie, laughing at each other's jokes, embracing the family feeling.

Either way, it doesn't matter what they are doing. Their fate may as well be decided the moment I walk through that door. The moment I kill them—families of all shapes and sizes, younger people too- who live alone.

Getting the kill done is the most effortless part; unfortunately, I still have to clean up. My secret to never getting caught is simple, make it look as if you were never there. We don't have police in Valorin or even any laws for that, but we do have revenge. I kill powerful people on order from other powerful people, and that means as long as I leave no trace of myself or my unique methods, I won't be added to their revenge equation.

Cleaning is the worst part of it. Spray, blot, scrub. Repeat. All until the stains are gone. Sweep the broken glass off the floor. Now you have a trash bag full of bloody rags and broken glass, three bodies wrapped in a tarp, and one single blood-coated murder weapon.

Now to dispose of all the items. Each assassin has their way of doing things. I am the highest in demand because I am the smartest. I walk about 3 miles out into the forest before gathering sticks and starting a fire. Being an assassin takes patience and ambition. You can't quit in the middle of a job unless you want to be the one getting murdered.

The fire finally starts. The orange blaze is reflecting in my glazed eyes. High and mighty, the fire stands tall before me. I watch as it eats the bodies and bags of trash. I peeled off my blood-tainted gloves and added them into the fire. I watch until it's nothing more than a pit of ash.

Now my job is done. The house is clean, and the bodies, along with the murder weapon, are gone. Now to collect my reward, the absolute best part of it all.

"20, 30, 40, 50..." I muttered quietly to myself, counting the cash from my most recent job. Then, finally, I finished counting the $50,000 in total.

I placed all the money safely back into my black duffel bag. The door's rusted hinges caused the door to creak loudly as I slowly opened it to leave the abandoned warehouse. I walked out into the baren alleyway, fog clouded the ground, and trash scattered below. If I wasn't a murderer myself, I might be scared of them in this alleyway. I pulled my black hood over my head and attached my mask to my ears.

I can't be seen entering or leaving any building of my clients, which is why I wear a disguise, at least until I get to take it off in a few blocks. If my face is seen leaving a building like this, people will begin to wonder. They could also connect me to my clients and find out my true identity, which is the last thing you want in Valorin.

I pull the bag close to my body and hurry down the crowded streets of Valorin. Bright Neon signs turn on, illuminating the road. Shopkeepers open their booths and start haggling with customers. The tall skyscrapers would make anyone seem small in comparison. The streets are full of people, even though most are already in the clubs and bars. Loud music of all sorts echoes through the streets, giving me a slight sense of Deja Vu.