Eloura- Part 2

Location: Cell C-20, Castle of Valorin

My skin is turning blue, starting with my fingertips and spreading up my arms. "What do you want?" My tone is demanding- no way I should be talking to a king, but for some reason, I don't stop myself. Instead, I give him a deathly glare to top it all off. He might be more powerful than me in almost every way possible, but I can't let him know I know that.

I am angry. Angry that King Vladimir caught me and angry that he isn't scared of me. A smirk plays at his thin rose-tinted lips. Oh, how I wish I could untie myself from this chair and slap that smirk right off his face. I pull at the ropes angrily. Still, nothing comes undone.

He takes a minute to look me up and down before he finally answers me. "I want you," His legs are parted with the back of the chair between them as he sits intimidatingly.

I scoff, "I'm no whore."

I won't lie, the thought of the king wanting me is flattering, but I will not sell myself.

"Oh please," His red eyes do a roll, "That's not what I mean; I simply want to hire you."

I ease slightly, relieved he had no intentions of forcing his hands on me. Still, I am somewhat embarrassed for misunderstanding him. I do wonder, though, why would he want me? I'm a rogue assassin who could turn on him in a split second if I wanted to. Of course, this is a chance my clients take with me, but I doubted the king would be willing.

"Hire me for what? Don't you have your spies to do all your dirty work?"

"I do have spies- like every king. Unfortunately, mine happen to be all men. Not to mention the fact that none of them have the skills you do."

"And what skills are those?"

I am now officially intrigued. What could the King of Valorin possibly think of me? An infamous assassin- The Misfit.

"Seduction, extracting information and killing. You're quite the assassin, Mrs. Eloura."

"Oh, so you know my real name too?" A nervous chuckle leaves my lips.

"I know everything."

He knows everything. What I look like, who I am- Hell, he probably knows my past too! I try to keep my chill on the outside, I leave my mouth in a smirk, and my eyebrows raised carelessly. But, on the inside, I am freaking out. I feel naked and exposed. I despise the fact he knows who I am. It only makes it more clear who I am dealing with.

"Who or what would I be seducing King Vladimir?"

King Vladimir chuckles softly. "Does this mean you agree?"

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

"No," He laughs at me, making me feel helpless and enraged.

"I wish not to go into the blindly, so please do enlighten me on some things? I am not an idiot. I can find a way to avoid this if I please."

Throwing a minor threat like that at him is nothing but the truth. Though the power of the King having control over his subjects is grand, there are still many loopholes. One's I am willing to find.

He chews on the inside of his cheek, pondering my request. "Alright then. I suppose it won't hurt to tell you the basics about the mission, but first, perhaps we should get you somewhere warmer."