4

akari was running.

running through unfamiliar corridors, out into unfamiliar lands.

running, running past wailing curses, alarms, and the nagging voice in the back of her head.

helpless.

she didn't know if her cursed energy came back; and she didn't want to know, honestly

she didn't know how many curses were behind her, either, all she knew was that she needed to get out of the hellhole she was trapped in.

suddenly, she heard a rattling sound, then everything went dark. all she could hear were the four words that the curse king spoke, words echoing, Domain enveloping her and everything around her.

"ryōiki tenkai: malevolent shrine."

akari sucked in her breath and whipped around, only to come face to face with the one-and-only sukuna ryomen. the king's Domain was empty except for sukuna, akari, and the shrine, even though akari could have sworn there were curses right there a moment ago.

most of all, how did he catch up to me so damn fast?! akari thought. i thought i had a pretty good headstart... i have to play it cool. you got this, 'kari. i hope-

"hello there, darling gojō. it's a fun game you've been playing, truly, but i believe it's time for you to learn your place. at least, for now. soon you'll understand."

a ticked-off mark appeared on akari's temple and she shook her head. "no, fuck that. what's this stupid notion that all of you curses have that i'm young and impressionable?! as far as you should be concerned, i'm an adult, and i am capable of knowing what the hell is going on! after all, i'm the one being held here against my will! just give me some basic fucking human rights, that's all i'm asking for!"

sukuna stared at her, half in shock and half in amusement. "fine. but you're not going to like it, and i'm assuming you'll try to run away. even if you can't, considering you're in the strongest Domain. ever."

"tch. figures. just tell me, then? i'll do what you say, i just need to know the circumstances..." said an exasperated akari.

"alright... well, if you really want to know..." sukuna sighed, averting his eyes.

the curse king's not keeping eye contact? is that a blush?! honestly, what the hell..! akari held her breath, trying not to sputter out laughing.

"why, is that a blush, o curse king?"

"tch. you'll realize why, don't mock me. you see, since i am the most powerful curse ever, i suppose i need some sort of... control. yes, that's it. so mirah suggested that i should get a human; a jujutsu sorcerer, to accompany me and be sort of a moral compass. and i've picked many, many, but none of them had the guts."

"so you're basically looking for a friend? or a partner? that's kinda sad, you have to kidnap people to like you..."

"tch. i said not to mock me, brat. but i can't help it, i'm quite intimidating, am i not?"

akari was quite scared, inside, but she said, "eh. i've been through worse, you're not as bad as i thought you'd be, sukuna."

"oh, you'll be eating your words. also, mirah ran some tests on you, you've only 7 years left to live. your death will be self caused; not suicide or anything, but your own dumbassery coming back to hurt you. so either you can join me; no, us, and live indefinitely, or life with the knowledge that you're going to die before your 30s. your choice, girl."

akari gulped. seven years, huh? and he said it with a straight face... must be serious. ugh, what would people think... it'd be so selfish to take the offer... is he really telling the truth or just trying to toy with me? he doesn't look like he'll give me another chance is i decline now, so should i...?

"i... accept your deal. now tell me... w-what do i do now?"

the curse king smiled, looking down on akari from his throne.

"perfect. mirah will be pleased, she took a liking to you, even if you despise her... come now, ms. gojō. let me teach you the way of the curses. after all, you've just accepted to become one."

akari paled at this comment, and felt a rush go through her. a different power than she was used to, a different type of cursed energy flowing through her veins. she felt... unstoppable. maybe being a curse could be fun... 

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

word count: 760ish

status: not proofread QwQ

(i honestly just blanked on this, hope this is alright...)