A few weeks later

It's been a few weeks now and now I'm in a boot and a scooter! I can finally function a bit more, and I can put a little bit of pressure on my foot, but still no going upstairs. At least the traditional way.

My parents went back home, but my brother was staying in town a bit longer. We were taking a walk in the park where me and Jack first met. He was pushing JJ in a stroller while scooted along on my scooter and Lavender walked a bit in front of us. Jack went in for a meeting today, he was hesitant about leaving me but Jacob offered to stay with me. It was the whole point as to why he was still in town.

"So, we never finished that conversation." Jacob says.

"Yeah." I say looking at Lavender, careful not to take my eyes off her.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for you after the accident." He tells me for the second time.

"Don't be. You were off doing something top secret." I laugh.

"I know, but still." He says. We walk in silence for a little bit and we arrive at the play ground at the park.

Lavender goes on and plays while me and Jacob sit down, both us of still careful to not let her out of our sight.

"Am I allowed ask what you've been doing for the last two years?" I ask jokingly already knowing the answer.

"Not yet, I might have to go back. But if it's all fine, all of America will know." He tells me. This was not the answer I was expecting.

"Wait, really?" I say surprised.

"Yeah, so you'll find out in a few weeks or in another two years or so. All just depends on what happens this week." He shrugs. "Now I have a question."

"Okay, shoot." I tell him watching Lavender go down a slide.

"Did you name JJ after me?"

"Yeah, I talked to Jack about the name and the reason. I didn't know when I'd see you next or ever again." I confessed.

We talk about some things until I watch Lavender start to fall off of a ladder and I sprint toward her running. I grab her by her arm just before she hits the ground, granted I was only like 10ft away.

"Bell!" Jacob yells. I walk back over with Lavender with a limp after putting all my weight on my still very injured foot. "You're not supposed to put all your weight on your damn foot!"

"Motherly instincts, sorry." I say sitting down. "You okay Lav?" I ask her sitting her on my lap. She nods yes but she's a little shaken up I can tell. My foot starts throbbing but I don't tell Jacob because I don't need an 'I told you so'.

"Hey, kiddo. How about we get some ice cream?" Jacob tells Lav. She immediately perks up. We all get up and head for the car so we can go somewhere near by. A few people stop and ask for a picture with me and Lavender, but I insist on only a picture with me. Jack and I haven't talked about public pictures in a while, so for the moment this will have to do.

We go and get some ice cream and head back home for Lav and JJ's nap and so I can have my first online appointment with Dr Tailor.

--------

After the kid's nap and my appointment Jack gets home. We have dinner and do some more wedding planning.

—————

Jacob goes back to his hotel and Lavender is watching a show and winding down while JJ is already fast asleep.

"I wanna be able to walk down the isle, so in a month or so at the earliest?" I ask. "According to my doctor."

"For sure." Jack says. "Do we want a color theme?"

"Yeah, we could do our favorite colors." I tell him.

"So, grey and purple?" He asks.

"Yeah, but like a bit of a lighter gray and light purple." I add. He writes it down and we do a bit more of the smaller details.

"It's getting late, we should probably go to bed." I say checking the time on my phone.

"Probably." Jack chuckles as he closes our note book for planning. I look over at the couch and see Lavender passed out with her show still playing. "I'll put her to bed." Jack says getting up from the table.

I whisper an okay and get up as well to go to my bed. He picks up Lavender and goes up the stairs, while I lay down. After a couple of minutes he comes back down stairs and kisses my forehead and turns off the lights.

I smile to myself as I know our future together is going to be a great one.