Just The God In Me

~a few years after 5B~

Trixie sat in her room doing math. Algebra to be exact, and the problems were stumping her. She had been at it for about an hour and was struggling with the last three problems. She verbally groaned before getting off of her bed and walking to the kitchen.

Her mom sat on a bar stool working on some paperwork. Lucifer sat on the couch texting someone. Sitting down next to Chloe, Trixie sighed loudly. Chloe still typed away on her laptop. Trixie sighed again, louder this time. Chloe cracked a smile before answering.

"Okay baby, what is it."
"My stupid homework. I've been at it for an hour and still can't solve this problem."
"Let me see it."

Sliding her paper over, Trixie gave her homework to her mom. Chloe looked pensively at the paper. A few minutes went by, but still no answer.

"Mom, do you have any idea?"
"Well what if you plugged in two and then-"
"I tried that. But the answer key has a different answer."
"Well then I can't help. I'm sorry Monkey."
"It's okay. I'll ask dad, uh I mean Lucifer."
"Trixie did you just-"
"Nope!"

Trixie stood up quickly and rushed over to the living room. She plopped down on the couch, gaining a look from Lucifer.

"Yyyyes?"
"I need help with my homework. Mom is of no use to me, so you need to help."
"Oh I need to?"
"Well I can't fail algebra, and you're my next best option."
"Uh... fine let me see what you're doing."

It was graphing quadratics. Something Lucifer hadn't had a lot of practicing with, but being God did have its perks.

"Well, start by simplifying. I mean how are you going to create a table of values with that insane equation."
"Okay, and then what?"
"Well now plug in the numbers negative two to positive two. After that it's simply graphing your points."
"Oh. Like this?"

Trixie plugged in negative two and then graphed her coordinate point. Lucifer nodded and they worked through the rest of the problem. Moving to the second one, Trixie got stuck again.

"Well how do I simplify this one? There are fractions."
"Multiply by two on both sides."
"Ohhh right. And then I end up with... that!"
"Yeah."
"You know, you're really smart Lucifer."
"No that's just the God in me."

Trixie laughed. She stared down at her work contemplating her next words before deciding to go for it

"Thank you, dad, for the homework help."

Lucifer froze and looked at Trixie. A blush slowly creeped on her cheeks out of embarrassment and she proceeded to stand up.

"Never mind forget I said anything."
"No, you called me dad."
"And you didn't react positively so just forget it."
"No Trixie-"

She ran and slammed her sliding door. The bang alerted Chloe and she looked at the door before quickly looking at Lucifer.

"What happened?"
"She called me dad, and instead of acting cool about it, I froze. So I'm assuming she thinks I hated it."
"Oh. Do you want me to talk to her?"
"No, I've got it."

Trixie was in her room going over what she'd said. It was a mistake, she'd decided, a mistake.
A knock came at the door.

"I don't really feel like talking right now."

Lucifer came into her room anyway.

"I know, but I need to apologize."
"Why? I messed up. I'm sorry."
"No, it's okay. I was just surprised. I guess I also felt bad that I'd be replacing Dan."
"You're not replacing him. I can have more than one dad, and I can call both of them dad."

Lucifer walked over and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Well, then I'm the sorry one. You're right, you can have more than one dad. And if you'd like, I wouldn't mind you calling me dad."

Trixie smiled slightly.

"Thanks. Dad."

Trixie leaned over and hugged Lucifer. It took a moment, but Lucifer smiled and hugged her back.

~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back beaches!!! 5B broke me So i'm gonna try to do mainly fluff to hide the pain. Anyways, I haven't written in a while so mind the bumpiness before I find my rythme. I'm so happy to be back, I took a break to get some new inspiration, but I'm ready to give you all the deckerstar content. As usual, grammar, spelling, and ideas as per usual!!!