Trixie

The day started off fairly normal. Chloe got up, go dressed, and started coffee. Lucifer walked out before she was very far and scooched her over so he was doing it instead. She thought it was weird, but just moved to making eggs. However, two seconds into making eggs, Lucifer moved her over and began those too.

She shook her, but moved to getting Trixie ready. Maze was stopping by to take her to school, and they were already a little behind on time, so they had to hurry. At eight thirty everyone was out of the house and on their way to the rest of their days.

Chloe thought her last day of work would be normal. She'd requested no parties, no tearful goodbyes, nothing special. But every chance Lucifer got, he butt in to take over. Chloe needed to walk a knife to Ella and then to evidence, but Lucifer grabbed it before she could and did it for her.

She went for coffee once more, but Lucifer stopped her from doing it too. Okay, Chloe thought, now it's getting weird. But stuck at the office, she couldn't bing it up.

The day went on like this, it wasn't necessarily bad, just felt not normal. Lucifer had taken off to grab her some lunch when Ella came up to Chloe.

"What is his deal today? It's like he doesn't trust you to do anything."
"No, no he trusts me. This is something else. I'm just not sure what."

When the day wrapped up, Chloe was great full. Hopefully, whatever weird thing was happening, would end when they got home. Trixie greeted them when they got arrived. It was nearly five and the girl was hungry.

"Hi mom!"
"Hi monkey, how was school?"
"Good. What are we doing for dinner?"
"I'm gonna make some salad and cook some burgers."
"Yay!"

Trixie ran to the counter and sat to watch her mom start the salad. When she began cutting the veggies, Lucifer stepped in and took the knife from her hands. Trixie made a weird face, and that was the last straw for Chloe.

"Monkey, can you go to your room for a second."
"But-"
"Trixie."
"Fine."

After she'd slinked back and shut her door, Chloe turned her attention to Lucifer.

"What is with you today? You've been acting weird all day, why?"
"Im trying to help you."
"No, it's more than that. What's really wrong?"

Lucifer set the knife down and froze before answering.

"I'm trying to keep you safe."
"From what?"
"The world."

Chloe just stared at him, waiting for more. In the silence, Trixie had opened her door slightly to listen.

"I lost you, Chloe. I can't do that again. Not so soon. I'm terrified something will happen and you'll-" He sighed. "I'm just trying to keep you safe, trying to make sure you get to live."

She walked over to him and gently grabbed his face, then she turned it towards her.

"The world is chaotic and unpredictable. You seem to forget, I lost you too. But despite our reserves and our fears, we can't shelter each other like children. It's scary, terrifying even. I know. But we have to move on. We'll never enjoy the time we do have otherwise."
"I just don't want to lose you again."
"I kno-"
"What does he mean 'he lost you'?"

Trixie had poked out of her room. Lucifer and Chloe turned their heads quickly to her.

"Monkey, I told you to stay in your room."
"Well, you guys aren't whispering. I can hear you from here."
Chloe sighed, "It's nothing you need to worry about."
"But it sound like you died. Like you both died."
"Um, that is true," Trixie's face panicked, "but! We're fine! It's okay. We're healthy and strong, and Lucifer's just scared it will happen again, so he's been a little protective over me."

Trixie was starting to cry a little, and ran over to both of them and hugged them.

"No, baby don't cry. We're okay. As long as we help and protect each other, we'll always be okay."

Trixie nodded in her mom's side. The world was scary that's for sure, but at least she would have them to help her through it.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~
@one_seventeen i'm not sure if you meant for it to be so sad, but it is. Although, the tone may just have been me. Anyways, Lucifer being terrified of losing Chloe? So true. Like always, grammar, spelling, ideas!!!