Chapter 29: Wake up

"I've done my chores finally!!" Yujin grinned with both arms celebrating in the air. She lets out one heavy huff before slumping her body on the wooden floor of the tree house.

She finished cleaning the whole place finally just like what Wonyoung asked.

"Then I'll tour you around the forest."

When suddenly she heard Wonyoung's voice inside her head. It gave her the energy and instantly stood up and raced herself outside to report to the bunny with delighted heart that she did her task well. However...

"Where is the pixies' garden at..?" She scratched her head before mindlessly walking to wherever her feet may bring her.

She's all clueless as to where Wonyoung might be currently, but Yujin's too excited and impatient that she headed inside the woods. And now.... she's lost.

She have already cursed to herself.

When suddenly she stumbled upon small and familiar shrubs. And when she finally get to see it clear, she grinned wide and ran immediately close to it, "Primroses!" Her eyes sparkled with the thoughts of giving Wonyoung these flowers as lovely as her.

Then she bended down and picked one, "This is for her." She smiled as she whispers. Only to pick another one and with wider smile this time. "This one's for Bunny-nim." And plucked one last primrose, "And this one for Wonyoungie..."

She inhaled the flowers' scent, only to get reminded of Wonyoung's sweet smell. She's as aromatic as no normal flower would level.

But her eyes landed onto another group of primroses on the ground. But she just stood up instead of plucking more, "Nah, this is enough." She smiled once again as she held the flower close to her loudly beating heart, "Three primroses. It means 'I love you'."

Her eyes smiled like the crescent moon, the same time a slight brush tinted her cheek.

She started walking round and round again in hopes of finding her love. Still gripping excitedly on the stem of the flowers she picked.

And her excitement rose even higher that she hoped like a child being given a candy when she saw the Bunny's figure coming out from the deep woods at last. "Bunny-nim!!" With her cheerful voice, she ran towards her, waving along the flowers in the air.

But suddenly, another figure came out as well, just following Wonyoung behind. Yujin's smile immediately faded as she stopped her pace when she saw it was Kai. And what's even more heartbreaking is that she saw Wonyoung's blank stare towards her. Her eyes were unusually empty that it made Yujin drop her shoulders and her heart starts beating anxiously.

She was about to walk up to Wonyoung when Kai stopped her and stood straight to block her way, "Go away from my princess, child of a devil." He said that made Yujin's blood boil making her tighten her grip furiously at the primroses on her hand.

"What?"

"I said go away! You're not stepping in my kingdom anymore, and you won't be going near from my Wonyoung." Kai then pulled out his sword from the baldric around his waist and pointed it at Yujin.

"What are you even talking about?" Yujin just rolls her eyes at him. She averted her attention to the bunny who's now standing behind the prince, only to feel her heart broke again when she saw how Wonyoung held tight if Kai's shirt. And the bunny isn't giving Yujin any look at all.

"Bunny-nim—" she attempted to get near, but Kai interfered and held his sword up against her.

However, the next words from Wonyoung made Yujin's heart shatter more into hundreds— thousand pieces. Tears formed in her eyes as she unconsciously dropped the primroses to the ground.