Chapter 27.

Two years later...

I finished my last meeting for the day. I was more than exhausted. I got in my car and got ready to go home. Suddenly my phone vibrated, I checked on the screen and Parsley was calling. Well, we still kept in touch. She finished college and now she is working in the fashion industry.

"Hey sweetie." I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey Genesis! How have you been?" She asked.

"Uh—I am good."

"I am glad to hear that. Um, I am in town and I would love to grab some coffee with you and talk, you know. It has been long since I last saw you." She said.

I think she wants to talk about Colton. I really want to know how he is doing, is there any progress? Will he get better? Will he come back?

I breathed heavily then said "Yeah, I think we can meet."

"Busy Bean?"

"Yup! What time?"

"Will 7 sharp be okay with you?"

"Yes!"

"Okay. See you then." She hung up.

Few minutes later I parked in my driveway. I looked at Colton's house and remembered how we used to sit at his porch and drink beers together. How he introduced me to his sister. I miss him every single day. I am really sad that I have not heard from him for two years. Not a single letter or an email. Maybe he already forgot about me. Maybe he has moved on. I think it's time for me to do the same.

I got in my house and sat on the kitchen table. I remembered when Colton brought me muffins. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then I told myself mentally that everything will be okay Genesis.

I got up and opened my fridge. I had a beer and sat in the living room. I watched TV until it was almost 7. I took a quick shower and drove to Busy Bean. Parsley was already waiting for me.

When she saw me she ran towards me and pulled me into a tight hug. I never noticed she was crying while we hugged.

"Oh God! I missed you so much Genesis." She sniffed.

I pulled away from the hug then said "I missed you too Parsley." We took a seat then the waiter got our orders.

"How have you been? How is work treating you?" I asked.

"Uh...I have been good. I can not complain about work. What about you?"

"Well, I am trying to get better everyday."

"I know." She said sadly.

"How is he?" I finally asked.

She took a long sigh.

"Er—he is good. He is getting better everyday too." She said with a smile which made me smile after a long time. Just hearing news about Colton made me smile. I am glad to know he is fine and getting better. That's what I have always wished for him.

"I am glad." I said.

Our coffee arrived.

"He is not having those nightmares anymore. He is back into photography—

"Did he stop taking pictures?" I interrupted her.

"Yes, there was a time he didn't want to do anything. He could just lock himself in his room for a long time. But now he is taking more pictures and he seems to be happy. By the way he gave you this." She said as she dug her hand in a bag that was beside her and took out an envelope then gave it to me.

I took it from her hands. I was nervous to open it. A letter!

My hands were shaking. Colton still remembers me! I took a deep breath and glanced at Parsley. She gave me a small nod as a sign to go on. I exhaled then opened the envelope.

Green,

22.07.2015

My name and a date was written on a plain paper. I breathed shakily and turned over the paper then I saw a photo of me. I was smiling shyly at the camera. It was on our first date. I remember Colton took photos of me. Suddenly tears blinded my eyes.

"Genesis are you alright?" Parsley asked.

I took a deep breath and wiped tears with my hand. "Yeah, I am alright."

We stayed silent.

"Parsley, will he come back?"

She gave me a sad look then said "I don't know Genesis."

I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

She held my hand and said "I am so sorry love."

I kept the photo back in the envelope and put it in my purse. We took our coffee in silence.

"How is Corey?" She suddenly asked me. I think she wanted to change the subject. I was shocked. I never expected that question from her.

"Uh...I don't know but I think he is good. The last time we talked he was inviting me to his wedding."

"A wedding?"

"Yup! He is now a married man."

"Oh God! Why? I thought I would have a chance with him."

I chuckled softly then said "Welcome to the Single club babe."