• Chapter Eighteen •

He started to take my hand, like we used to do. Then he remembered that it would hurt both of us, so he quickly put his hand back in his pocket.

- The reason I was so quiet inside... is that I'm afraid for you. This is not my first time dealing with this. But this time I'm afraid. I'm afraid for your life, Y/N - Harry broke the silence.

- I'm worried about you and that something will happen to you too - I whispered.

- I don't care about myself... see, a similar thing happened in the second year. Riddle's diary occupied Ginny.

- And what? You're scared that this book can do the same for me? No, Harry, the diary was Riddle's. This book is from the library and he just wrote his name for some reason, it's different.

- You're right, but you forgot that Riddle was using Ginny, and made her weaker.

- So you are worried for her, right?! - I burst out and unconsciously said it to his face.

It just broke me and my throat became rough and heavy.
He looked at me, realizing what I meant.

- I'm so sorry, Harry... I... it just hurt me and I didn't want to--...

- It's alright. I'm worried that the same could happen to you. That's what I wanted to say, I'm the one who's sorry, love.

- Oh... that's really sweet of you. Maybe I should talk to Dumbledore about this, like Hermione said. I mean, he'd probably know what to do.

- Alright, if you want that. But tomorrow, okay? You're really tired of everything. Plus we have our little date at 3!

- How can you sometimes be so nice and sometimes an idiot? - I laughed.

- Genetics, plus a little Voldemort-almost-controls-my-thoughts-and-mind as a spice - he chuckled.

                           *

The sun was slowly setting. At this time, the castle looked so beautiful. The gentle rays entering inside made it even more magical. It was hard to think that there was something out there watching us...

Hogwarts really guarded us in a way. Since it’s so beautiful at this time, I did a little exploring the hallways. It was so nostalgic to walk past all the stairs, portraits and ghosts.

The veins on my right wrist stood out more than usual. They were bright, as if they were shining. I assumed it was because of new powers.

Professor McGonagall walked down the hall carrying some papers in her hands. I stopped her as she passed by.

- Professor! Excuse me if I disturb you. I wanted to ask you something.

- Well, this is pretty unusual time for that, Miss Y/L/N. But I'm here to answer you.

- Thank you, professor. Do... do you maybe know something about hand-magic?

- Hand-magic? Well, Miss Y/L/N, it is a type of magic a wizard can do without a wand.

- I know that professor, but can you tell me when is it happening, or why?

- Of course, well-trained wizards can easily perform a couple of curses. But that type of magic you're asking about isn't something you can learn - so don't even think about it. You are just born with it. Someone who can perform hand-magic can simply do anything the greatest wizards can, with bare hands. If that's it, I hope I can leave now.

- Of course, professor. And thank you!

McGonagall left. I thought it would be fun if I could to practice a little to control new skills. But then I would have to tell one of the professors, and that would mean that they would immediately think of some connection to dark magic. Maybe I can tell Dumbledore? It would be amazing to become as powerful as he is one day!

- You think you can tell someone? You think you can control it? Silly of you... it's a part of you, just like your skin... it would be a shame if someone... ripped it out of you...

Again those voices. But this time it sounded so scary. Voldemort wants me and my powers. He would not get them so easily...

a/n: Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you like it! I tried to make it kinda ✨aesthetic✨ and spooky lol
We don't use grammar in author's note 😃✋