3.

A little bell above the door rings as I step inside, alerting the quiet shack to my presence.

There are only around fifteen people, with the light buzz of conversations filling the air. The strong scent of coffee wafts through the shack, as my eyes are drawn to the hand waving for me to sit beside them.

Instantly, I take a deep breath, adjusting my shirt and striding over to the bay sat on the table of two.

"Hey Abdel," I smile nervously, the name slipping off your tongue easily as you stare into his warm eyes.

"Hi..." the dude who was second place to Louis Tomlinson in attractiveness spoke.

"Asy. It's Asy," I smile softly, slipping into the chair across from him.

"Nice name for a nice girl."

I can feel your cheeks begin to taint red as I find yourself blown away be his sweetness. Why couldn't all men be like this. Excluding Louis Tomlinson of course he was already perfect.

I laugh lightly, unsure how to respond to that sentiment, before playing it off with a sincere 'thanks.'

It was only then that I feel a presence behind you, before the waitress appears at our table, notebook in hand.

"Have you decided what you want to order?" she asked, glancing down at the menu sat on the table, something which I hadn't noticed until now.

"Oh um, yeah," I respond, not wanting to be a hassle by having to say no and send her away.

With a quick sweep of the list of drinks, you choose the first beverage that I like. "Caramel frappe please."

The waitress gave a small nod, scribbling it down on her notepad before glancing up at Abdel.

"I'll have an ice Mocha please," he smiled politely, causing butterflies to erupt in my chest.

"Of course. I'll be back in a minute with your order."

With that, the waitress turned and left, leaving you and Abdel once again on our own.

"So," the teen said. "Tell me a bit about yourself."

T H E   C O F F E E   S H A C K

Thirty minutes later and after multiple deep conversations, I find yourself already wondering back home, your mind buzzing with what had just happened.

I had a coffee date with a hot dude.

The ghost of a smile remains pressed on my lips, a feeling of comfort wrapped around me. 

Despite having only known Abdel for an hour, he had already begun to feel like a safe place for me.

The sun was beginning to head in just as I reached home, pulling open the door and running upstairs, ready to ring my friends and tell them about just how amazing the date had been.

However, I clearly didn't need to, as when I pulled open your door, I found them already there.

Pari was on my bed, Lee next to her. Dijah was on her phone slouched against the wall, while Elin was lying on her back on the floor, phone held above her face as you could see her scrolling through twitter.

All attention turned to you as I shut the door behind you, and Pari began bombarding me with questions.

"How was it? What coffee did you get? Is he nice? Do we need to threaten him? Omg did you kiss?! Did you save any coffee for me? Do we need to beat him u-"

"Pari, chill," I laugh, amazed by my friend's energy. "It was good, caramel Mocha, no you don't, no we didn't, of course not, no you don't."

"Fucking twat," Elin grumbled from the floor, glaring at something on her phone.

Deciding to ignore her, Lee spoke up. "No but seriously what happened."

"And spare the soppy shit I just need to know if I should carry a baseball bat to his house or not," Dijah added.

Why was everyone so violent?

"Well we ordered, talked a bit, and then came home," I shrug, trying to suppress your grin as I remember how your afternoon went.

"What the flip you're literally wearing his jacket surely you two got to know each other a lot better than just talking you schmuck," Lee said, cocking her eyebrow.

Oh yeah, just as I left I realised how cold it was, and Abdel offered me his coat as a way to keep me warm.

And I weren't planning on washing it anytime soon- it smelled exactly like him.

"Nothing else happened we just... Got on really well."

T H E   C O F F E E   S H A C K

ELIN HEREEEE
(Ik I'm your favourite writer 😘)