Chapter 2:

Before I could blink it was time to rest. I got into grey joggers, a black t-shirt and laid in bed reading for a while before drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I yawned waking up. I dragged myself out from the bed, stretching. Birds outside chirped happily. Yawning once more I changed into a white t-shirt paired with a neutral blue flannel and black jeans. I walked into the hallway looking in the mirror brushing my hair around with my fingers. I heard the others downstairs and walked down. "He's alive." Sam joked looking at me. "Morning to you too." I laughed slightly sitting next to her at the table. Everyone sat round the table together eating breakfast. "So Cameron, are you excited for your first day at West Valley?" Amanda asked as she placed her cutlery down on her plate, finished with her food.

"Little nervous but I'm sure it'll be great." I replied. "You'll be fine, I'm sure of it." Daniel said, as he collected everyone's plates and placed them in the dishwasher. "Mhm." Sam added. Half an hour passed and Anthony got on the bus to school and shortly after Daniel and Amanda left for the dealership. "Shoot, were going to be late." Sam said as she checked her phone. I got up grabbing my bag and we walked outside to her car.

We arrived at the school.

"What have you got first lesson.?" Sam asked as we got out of the car. I pulled the crumpled timetable out of my pocket unfolding it. "History in.. H4." Sam nodded. "Do you need me to show you where it is?" "I think I've got it.. thanks though." Time at school passed pretty fast I found my way to H4 quite easily, next I had Maths, Science and IT. Lunch rolled around. I met Sam by the Cafeteria after IT, she had just had Geography. "So how's it going so far?" She asked, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. "Alright. A lot more work here than in Okinawa." Sam laughed. "Ah, you'll get used to it." Sam patted my shoulder laughing to herself as she walked to a table which sat a blonde girl who was on her phone and waved looking at Sam. A lighter brown haired girl smiling. Sam sat and I took the seat next to her. "These are my friends; Yasmine," She gestured to the blonde girl. "And Moon." She gestured to the brown haired girl. I nodded. "I'm Cameron .. nice to meet you." I smiled. "Nice to meet you too." Moon smiled in a welcoming manner. Yasmine just sat, looking me up and down very judgmental. "So, where are you from? Originally." She finally spoke.

"Okinawa. That's in Japan." "Then why don't you look Japanese.?" I paused. "Excuse me?" I looked at her confused. "Cameron don't.." Sam put her hand on mine. "Yaz you can't just ask someone that.." Moon whispered to her. "My bad." Yasmine said unbothered. Two boys sat down, one next to me, he had curly blonde hair. And another in between Sam and Moon. He had darker hair. "Hellooo ladies-" They both said and then the dark haired boy looked at me. "Who's this guy.?" He looked at the girls. "This is Cameron.. he's Sam's friend." Moon answered. "Nice to-" I added. "We don't care." The brown haired boy said sharply, cutting me off.

"Kyler.." Sam said to him. "What?" Kyler said as he narrowed his eyes at me. "You don't need to be rude.." "Anyway, you still up for the movie tonight? It's gonna be lit." Kyler asked, brushing off everything. "Yeah.." Sam nodded. The rest of lunch was awkward, I kept to talking with Sam and Moon while Yasmine was ignoring everyone and sat on her phone and Sam was swooning over Kyler as he spoke to the blonde curly-haired boy, Brucks.

The bell rang and I had the rest of my classes; Art and Ethics. The end of the day finally came and I walked outside to meet Sam. She walked out of the school with Kyler, had his arm over her shoulder and whispering in her ear and kissing her cheek. They walked over to where I was. "Hi.." "Cameron I'm sorry but Kyler and I are going to the movies and i can't drop you and be there on time for the film. I hope it's okay?.." Sam said with a sorry voice, I knew it was genuine but I was a bit bummed. "It's okay.. don't worry Sam, have a good time." I smiled slightly. She nodded and they both got in her car. Sam pulled out of the school gates, Kyler smirked back at me in a patronising manner. I sighed and headed back to the LaRusso's.