Chapter 30: Going back

Unregistered number calling...

Accept.

"Hello."

"Good Evening Savannah. This is Erin Consolacion from the Philippines. I got your contact from a friend. I would like you to design our house. When are you going to be available?"

From the Philippines? In the two years of my profession, ngayon lang ako naka-encounter ng tiga-Pinas.

Mostly from Europe and North America.

Does this mean I'm going to the place where I left my heart?

I would not reject these opportunities, tinignan ko ang book schedule ko mukang may bakante pa next month.

Fortunately, next month na ang church wedding ni Vincent at Mary, I must be there of course as her maid of honour.

"Next month. Is it okay?"

"Of course. I'll just give my number then you can text me when you're in the Philippines already, then I'll give you the address."

"Sure. My touchdown would be 2nd week of next month, Friday night. I could also save your number just to remind you for our schedule."

"Thanks Savannah."

"Thanks."

Binabaan ko ang phone ko and I almost forgot that I was supposed to go on a date with Daven.

I wore my plum sheath dress and black stilletos.

I rushed in to my car and went to this Fancy Restaurant.

When it was just in time to enter, my phone rang.

"Babe?"

"Uhmm.. I just got sick, Sorry I messed up Savannah."

I felt frustrated, we only met at least twice a month.

"It's okay. There would be always a next time right?"

"I feel horrible, I can't go. Can you go to the park near our house please?"

"What do you want? Huh? Hugs? Kisses?" With a jokey tone.

"Yes, I need my loving girlfriend to nurse me right now. Only her kisses can cure me. Can you go please?"

"You know that I can't resist you right? Just stay there, I'll be on my way. Bye, I love you dude."

"I love you more babe."

I rushed in to the car, again.

I was clearly a joke when I kept on telling myself that Daven would never be my boyfriend.

He's my boyfriend for 3 years.

I guess, I lose the game.

He's the guy who would let me appreciate life.

He taught me how to love again, and to smile again.

I rejected him like 4 times but he never gave up.

He's the guy who has full of efforts.

He even researched about the "Traditional Filipino Courtship".

Believe it or not, He also did harana to me.

Even my family supported me because they want me to be happy.

Hanggang sa nagka-lakas loob akong sabihin ang matamis na OO.

I went to the park and It was all dark and I saw him seating on the bench.

Alone.

I ran infront of him because it looks like something's wrong with him.

"How are you?" I touched his neck just to check if he's alright.

He hugged me and so many lights flashed in front of me.

So much my fairy lights which is very romantic.

I was just looking everywhere because everything was so bright and beautiful.

Until the twins Scott and Matt came, my friends back in my college years, which reminds me of Kenshin and Quentin.

They played the guitar and violin.

We gazed into each other's eyes and danced through the music.

He caressed my face and no words can't express what I really feel for him.

"I want to fulfill my promise."

"What promise?"

"The promise of making you happy with no regrets in life."

He knelt down in front me.

Where's the ring?

I didn't realized that my other friends were there, watching our magical moment.

"Thank you for being there for me through the good and bad times. I would never ask for anything else except that.."

I was being so emotional that my tears started to flow with happiness.

He got a box from his pocket and opened it.

"Marry me, my love."

—————————————————

"Babe, See you again in 10 days." I kissed him on the cheek as a gesture of goodbye.

"Have a safe flight, I'll miss you." He hugged me so tight and almost carried me.

But we we're always used to these, because of work.

"Just promise me, Once you go back we'll focus on our wedding, okay?"

Yes, we're officially engaged but not yet announced.

"Enjoy your stay, I know that you have left so many things there" I know what is he trying to tell, My friends, my family and my great love.

He also knew the love story of me and my Ex.

He was never been jealous, he knew there was nothing to be jealous of.

The flight was like almost a day, approximately 16 hours to arrive in Manila.

I spend the hours sleeping, searching for ideas in my work book and watching movies.

I went into different places but this is something that I never felt before, I was so nervous.

We landed safely, and I was so happy that I've started to breath the Philippine air.

I checked in to a 5- Star hotel and immediately called my client, Erin.

"Good Evening. Kararating ko lang all the way from US. Saan ang meet-up?"

"Oh yes! Sorry, I'm not available for tomorrow, pero pumayag ung boyfriend ko which is my fiancé, na makipag-meet up sayo. I'll just text you the address."

"Okay sure. By the way, Congratulations. I think I can already have ideas for your house especially newlyweds."

"Habaan mo nalang ang pasensya mo. Sobrang pihikan kasi niya sa designs, dinaig pa niya ako kung pumili. Sana makuha mo ung loob niya para maintindihan mo ung gusto niya."

"I'll do my very best."

I think, this client is going to be tough.