Chapter 2- Gringotts

July 31st, 1991

Harry got off the train at Leicester Square and made her way to the Leaky Cauldron. She had cast a wandless notice-me-not on her scar when she'd ducked into the loo at Waterloo Station, and people barely glanced at her as she made her way into the pub, sweetly asked Tom the Barman to open the way to Diagon, and strode through the thick crowds towards Gringotts.

It was a relief Harry didn't know she wanted when people didn't spare her a glance, even though she was an emaciated eleven-year-old witch wandering about alone. The Wizarding World was willfully blind, she decided, if they ignored an obviously abused witch in their midst.

Shaking those thoughts off, Harry climbed the ivory stairs to Gringotts and nodded at the guard goblins, enjoying their expressions of bewilderment. It made her briefly sad that goblins were shocked when a witch showed them common courtesy. That'd be another thing she changed. Harry would make sure magical creatures, light or dark, had equal rights.

Harry strode confidently toward a teller, ignoring the anger when she realized it was Griphook. The double-crossing little twerp. Then again, they didn't know each other in this life, and he hadn't betrayed her.

"Key?" Griphook demanded.

"My name is Hadriana Potter-Black," she announced primly, lips twitching when Griphook jerked as if electrocuted and jumped down from the high desk.

"Follow me, Heiress Potter-Black," Griphook said sternly, making his way quickly down the same hall Harry had been led down before. Griphook knocked sharpy then entered. And once again, King Agluk sat inside. Unlike last time, however, another goblin sat with him.

"Your Majesty, Account Manager Cut-throat. Heiress Potter-Black has arrived," Griphook announced with a deep bow.

"That will be all, Griphook," Agluk said, gazing at Harry piercingly, "Heiress Potter-Black,"

"Your Majesty," Harry greeted, bowing at the waist. Cut-throat looked amused that she hadn't curtseyed, but her practice on the train had led her to the understanding that she sucked at it.

Agluk pointed one clawed finger at the chair in front of his desk, next to Cut-throat, and she sat gratefully. The Goblin King cleared his throat, "I have informed Cut-throat of what has…transpired,"

Harry raised a brow, "He is trusted?"

Before Cut-throat could become offended, Agluk nodded sharply, "Indeed. He has been made the Account Manager for the Potter Accounts,"

"Good." Harry turned to Cut-throat, "Sorry for doubting you, Master Goblin, but I've had a gut full of betrayal and deceit lately,"

Cut-throat looked amused, "Indeed you have, Heiress Potter-Black. My King has explained what he can, and I have begun a complete audit on your accounts. With your permission, I would like to begin reclaiming your lost gold, heirlooms, and property. With interest,"

Harry smiled sharply, "I believe we shall work well together, Master Cut-throat. But please, call me Hadriana,"

Cut-throat looked at Agluk, who looked smug, "She is bizarre, isn't she?"

Harry - Hadriana - snorted, "Thanks so much," she said dryly.

"A blood test, as is protocol, then we can begin." Agluk handed Hadriana a knife and cut her palm, pressed it to the parchment, and watched as familiar words unfurled, "As I assumed, all is in order,"