chapter one

Mãe

...Thump

What was that, I thought, carefully looking around as I stealthily walked across the patio, finding my way up to my room.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

Crap!!That damn buzzer, I quickly hid behind the curtains.

"Oh man" Kenzie lamented,as she grabbed her coat and hurriedly left the house.

It's freaking 2am

Perks of being a med student. Doom I mean.

She didn't notice me. Thank goodness.  I sighed.

I took a glance at Hareej's room and she was there sleeping soundly, she wouldn't even flinch if I rung the bell over her ear now. That's how deep she sleeps.

Getting to my room, I turned off all the lights and stared into darkness, just a few moments left before the images of that nights creeps into my head. I welcome the feeling, definitely not falling asleep tonight.

                                     ✰✰✰

"Mãe" I heard hareej's soft voice from right outside my room. We barely communicate, I find it really hard to relate with people but at least I try. Hareej has been nothing but a sweetheart.

I stood up to take a quick shower, I couldn't care less about my appearance but I should at least be clean right?

I settled for my usual black cargo pants and matching t shirts. It's as if I'm mourning the dead. Well I am.

"Hey" I greeted hareej at the dining table, she's having toast with pineapple juice. I gulped down a bottle of water, that's enough to last me for a day but Kenzie won't hear of it. she's not at the table today, so I'm getting away with it.

College is a twenty minutes walk from home, so I just walk, the school bus will be taking hareej to school, she's always early before the bus comes.so early. Her bus will be here in thirty minutes. Kenzie really did raised her well.

Hareej is an orphan, so she stays in a foster home. Kenzie took a liking to her when she visited there and legally adopted her from kindergarten up till middle school now, just as she took me in from the steeets, what a human.

Walking through the familiar routes, with music blasting through my ears. I settle for another torture of lectures. My second year. The feels unchanging.

Why study when we could just get shot at one day?

"I got my vaccine yesterday" A girl at the back tells her seatmate.
"Awesome,took you long enough" her seatmate smiled at her.

"Good morning mãe" some guy said to me.

"Good morning" The professor greeted simultaneously.

Wait! What.?
I'm mãe right

"The project is due in a week's time,everyone should kindly turn it in by then" The professor ended the class.

I packed my stuffs to leave the room, but someone stopped me.

"Hey,wanna hang out during lunch to discuss the project" The same guy from earlier asked me.

Is the project to be done in group,or did we get paired. I stared at him.

"uhh..." He scratched the back of his head.

Is he new? Don't I look terrifying enough today? I clung my back on my shoulder and stood up ready to leave.

"You're supposed to give me an answer?" he pressed

Was I.?

"Messing with the mute girl uhn? Another prank of yours CeeJay?"

What?? Mute??

What??Mute!!" CJ exclaimed

"it's second year in college and you didn't know" The girl questioned 

I was really assumed to be mute? WOW I thought I was avoided cause of my gloomy appearance.

"I definitely heard her talk before,I swear Kathy" CJ trailed off.

My phone rang. cue to leave.

"She just got a call, she's definitely gonna be having a conversation" he retorted.

I'm right here Y'know.

"Magnor" I spoke into the phone.

"she talks" Kath's eye widened.

Haa!! I left the room.

"Match fixed on Saturday,fight is with Red.A thousand bucks" Magnor told me over the phone.

Shivers went down my spine.

"Got it".

Yayyy!!
First chapter up!!
Kindly drop a vote☺️