Chapter one: their first meeting

After several months Rachel found herself on the road that was so familiar to her. She had missed it, she said to herself.

In fact, the only thing that made her feel good was getting out, breathing in some fresh air listening to the music she loved and being alone, away from home.
Finally now, thanks to the return to school, she'd have had the opportunity to stay various hours a day away from home and then, after school hours she could say something like "today I'm coming later on, I'm studying with a friend" to stay a little longer away from home, from memories.
As usual she was late and a bit tense because, before the summer, the professors had informed her and the other mates that the following year three new class mates would arrive. I wonder if I'll finally make a friend or two, she thought as she was lengthening the pace.
Finally, two minutes later she was entering the school lobby and, after saying goodbye to a couple of teachers who were nearby, she walked down the corridor.

Arriving in front of the classroom, where the door had already been closed, she paused for a moment and thought back to the way she was dressed that morning: a pair of baggy jeans, a shirt with the famous Rolling Stones' print of a tongue and a pair of red Jordans, matching the shirt. Simple, she said herself, but it represented her.
As soon as she opened the door she wasn't surprised when she saw that everyone had arrived: it was the first day and she was a few minutes late.
Thereupon she looked around and saw some unknown faces: in one of the first rows to the left there were a girl and a boy who, from the way they behaved, seemed to know each other already.
The guy had black, long and wavy hair. He was dressed quite casual but immediately jumped to the eye because of his radiant and agitated behavior. Next to him there was a girl with smooth, brown hair and dark green eyes. She had a rather classic style: she wore a plaid blouse and tight jeans.

Looking around, however, Rachel didn't see other strangers.
After greeting the class timidly as usual and introducing herself to her two new mates, Freddie and Sally, she sat in the remaining seats: in the front row. There was still a free bank beside her though, she observed.
In that moment, however, together with the history teacher, a young girl entered the classroom.
Her hair was black, curly and very long, she had freckles and her eyes were of a very light color, it looked like a mixture of blue and gray. She was wearing a baggy black sweatshirt, baggy blue jeans and purple sneakers.
Looking around, she went to the only place open: next to Rachel.
With a harmonious voice she showed up: her name was Ellen.