Chapter two: their introduction & first conversation

Like every first day of school, Rachel, imagined that that day would be dull. She ran, however, when he remembered that there were three new companions: this meant that for at least half an hour the lessons would be different from the usual and interesting for someone like her, who was very interested in knowing small characteristics and special interests of people.

Also, as she had already repeated that morning, she wanted to make a couple of friends or even just one with whom to establish a good relationship, share her interests and learn for once not to be so shy.

While she was thinking all this, her new classmate Ellen was sitting next to her.

Mrs. Wiedemann, the history teacher, as usual, gave everyone a big smile and greeted them warmly.

At that point she said, as if none of those present had noticed it, that there were three new classmates. At that point then, after taking attendance and making one of her usual jokes, she asked the new mates to introduce themselves.

As Rachel expected, Freddie did it first.

He liked to play basketball, go biking, listen to music, mainly pop, motorcycles and take trips in nature or visit unknown cities. He seemed like a common boy but Rachel thought he was a bit different from her other classmates by the way he talked.

Sally showed up right after him. She really liked nature, animals, especially cats, biking and riding horses. She liked rock music and hiking in nature. Everyone could see that she and Freddie were friends, in their descriptions there were many similar and sometimes Rachel noticed that they exchanged complicit looks. Maybe I could be friend with them, Rachel thought.

It was Ellen's turn and Rachel seemed to see that she was a little embarrassed and that her cheeks were a little flushed. Her voice was a little different from before when she introduced herself to the entire class. She liked to paint and draw, art in general, she liked all kinds of music. She liked to read and watch movies a lot and would have loved to travel in the future.

Rachel also liked art, it intrigued her, but she was never good at drawing no matter how hard she tried.

For this reason she often liked to go to the small museum in the city and admire the various paintings that were on display. And even she, not having many things to do outside the house apart the long solitary walks listening to music, read a lot, she had always liked to immerse herself in those imaginary worlds or in secret and forbidden love stories.

After a little more than two hours there was halftime and Rachel decided that the year would be different so she decided to take courage and talk to Ellen, who had impressed her a lot in the way of presenting herself and the things she had said.

She told her that she also liked art very much and that therefore she often went to a museum nearby, so she decided to ask if she would like go that day or when she was free, to visit it with her.

At that point Ellen with a look that seemed almost impressed answered: "Yeah, I would love to! If it's all right with you, I could do it today, I'm new to this town, and I'd like to get to know it a little better. I'd also like to make friends with someone..."

At that point between the two began a pleasant and funny discussion to which then were added also Freddie and Sally.