Girl at Neo

Few weeks after Electric Shock happened, Girl At Neo came in.

Abdul walked into Neo Cafe exhausted and was about to blackout. He was grateful no one was seating on Neo's comfy sofa, so he immediately wasted himself on them.

In just a jiffy, a barista greeted him, with a big smile on her face.

Barista: good evening sir, what can I offer for you sir?

Abdul: double espresso please. Good evening.

Barista: would you like anything else sir?

Abdul: No thanks.

Before the espresso arrived, Abdul graced himself with the Crispy Colonel combo he'd bought from KFC.

We all know that coffee rhymes with books right? So Abdul rocked and rolled when the espresso arrived.

Moments later, Abdul was done with one chapter, so he buried his favorite bookmark, which he got from Alif Bookstore, in between the last chapter and the new one.

With his eyes closed, Abdul allowed the chapter to sink in, as he usually does. He was inhaling and exhaling, catching a glimpse of each word and appreciating the brains of the author.

Out of the blue, a voice came in, "You didn't look like a reader but you act like one." She then chuckled.

Abdul smirked as he replied, "what did I look like then?"

"I can't literally say, you know, but definitely not a reader." She said.

Abdul asked her if she also reads. With some touches of blush on her face, she replied, "yes."

When she talks, Abdul couldn't help but appreciate her brains and when he stares at her, he's lost in her radiance. She's Abdul's perfect type: beauty with brains.

With all the fear Abdul has for trailers, that evening, he was nearly crushed by one, without him noticing. He can't keep her out of his mind.

For a whole week, Abdul couldn't stop thinking about her. All he prayed for, was to see her again at Neo the following weekend.

This next time is different, Neo Cafe was closed. Rumors have it that they were out of business because of covid-19.

Abdul stood there for hours, daydreaming that he was actually inside Noe Cafe, waiting for a voice to intrude once again.

Alas, his daydream was ended when the gate man asked Abdul, "Oga, I hope say everything dey alright?"

She walked briskly, yet quietly into the other room. She reached slowly for Abdul's ears and whispered, "yaa Habibi, food is ready, how would you like to be served?"

Ha! Abdul's eyes swung open like a wrecking ball, only to get lost, into her sight. He's used to this, he's used to being lured by her presence.

Abdul rose from the bed smiling, his fingers entangled with hers, while they walked to the dining room, their hearts filled with nothing short of love.

She knew him so well: a quiet morning, Al Ghamidi, and a mug of espresso. Who's this humanitarian?

The norm is, Abdul does these for her on weekends. But today is Monday, he must leave early. As if she heard him, she whispered again, "you deserve more nuru qalbi." Kai! Abdul's heart beats increased to millions.

Abdul reached for his mugful of espresso, took a sip and with a big smile on his face, he nods out some silent thank you.

As the coffee races through Abdul's veins, he bends his head down and purr multiple Alhamdulillah.

Abdul rose his head up, but before any word could escape his teeth, he felt on his toes, a very violent grr! Grrr! Grrrr! Which made him tumble. "Was that an electric shock?" Abdul screamed.

Na! That was Abdul's father flogging him to wake up for Fajr.

Please, don't forget to:
Like
Comment
Vote
Follow