[1] Recovered Memory

PS: Thanks to one of my friends in quotev, we have a new book cover. Their @ there is sagesgarden! 

RECOVERING MEMORY....

5%....

11%....

37%...

42%....

59%...

68%...

81%....

95%....

100%

ARE YOU CERTAIN YOU WISH TO PROCEED?

IN DOING SO, IT MAY INFLICT PAIN UPON (Y/N) (L/N).

YES NO

^

MEMORY: START.

In a city shrouded in what seemed to be a forever hanging darkness, its citizens dragged their legs, committing their lives to laborious duties all for the sake of their ever so selfish leaders who knowingly turned deaf to their pleas for help.

Was it right for them to be treated that way? No, far from it, and yet they still work themselves to the bone in fear of the punishment in store for them if they were to ever rebel. The citizens silently mourned as they walked by the empty streets of their previously joyful nation.

What had happened to cause the previously prosperous nation, Tarjetas, to fall to its knees? That was what the world wondered. A nation, striving and of great military power, fell to two small time villains no one has ever heard of? Preposterous.

Many times, the people of Tarjetas rioted, raising their weapons to fight back, but they were cruelly met by their rulers' iron fist. All who defied the 'royal family' were publicly executed, a tactic to scare the remaining rebels in hiding. There was no hope for the nation. They had lost their pride, their joy, their riches– everything lost to a pair of greedy hoodlums.

As they continued to work, they cursed the names of their persecutors, wishing for this nightmare to end. Sadly, this was no nightmare, but a cruel reality. And so, the nation's citizens were left to hopelessly slave away, wasting their lives rotting in a hell they did nothing to deserve.

"Yes, mother, father?" A dainty girl that looked no older than nine, bowed as she faced her parents, face stoic and emotionless due to seasons of bloodshed and murder.

The language the girl spoke in was not of Japanese origin, it was akin to the language of a neighboring country, Indonesia. The girl's parents nodded their heads in approval. They loved their daughter– their cold blooded, emotionless killing machine.

No matter the order, the lifeless marionette would follow their orders, no questions leaving her pale lips that were always pressed into an eerie small smile. She wordlessly tended to their every beck and call, only desiring her parents' praise in return such as every child her age.

Beside her, her brother worrisomely stood. He cursed his parents. He cursed himself. He cursed the world for what it has done to his sister. He wished he could turn back time, but no one held such abilities. Oh, the irony– someone did, but they have yet to be birthed into this harsh, harsh world.