8.

I'm having second thoughts about this book please tell me if you want to continue. Please be 100% honest and enjoy the chapter <33

✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I was certain he wasn't going to keep his
promise."

I couldn't have been more wrong.

It's been about three weeks since we made that deal and he's come over every Saturday just to cook for me. I hung out with his friends a few times, I still didn't consider them my friends, more like people I would sit next to if I didn't know anyone else in the room.

During the time I've spent with Midoriya, I somehow found a way to hate him more than I originally did.

Not only does he cook, but he also cleans, and it makes me feel bad so I end up helping him.

He's so nice and patient with me and I can't figure out why.

I wasn't anything special. I'm sure if you walked down the street you could find someone who looked exactly like me.

I placed down my grocery bags and took out my keys. Last week, Midoriya told me if I wanted him to cook for me I needed to actually have food and that he couldn't just make everything from scratch. So, I took the time out of my day to go shopping.

I wasn't entirely sure what to get so I got vegetables, fruits, eggs, and other things I hoped I wasn't allergic to. Shopping had taken a lot more energy than I thought it would. I was practically dying by the time I reached my door.

I kicked open the door to see Mina watching tv.

"Can you help me?" I asked breathlessly. Mina picked the two bags next to me and placed them on the counter. "Thanks."

"I never actually expected you to listen to him." She said.

"I'm not listening to him," I paused, still out of breath, "I did this because I wanted to."

"Mhm, sureee..." She teased.

"I'm being honest."

She smiled at me as I took off my jacket and threw it on the couch. I walked to my room and took off my shirt, leaving me in nothing but shorts and a sports bra.

I laid down on my bed, trying to catch my breath. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off into sleep.

-

I was half asleep until I heard someone yell my name. Mina barraged into my room with a huge smile.

"Don't be mad okay?" She said.

"Ok," I sat up and looked at her, my eyes squinted. "what is it?"

"He may or may not be here again," She explained, "and I know you don't like him but I do so please be nice and let him stay."

I was too tired to process anything she said.

"Okay slow down." I said, "Who's here?"

She took my hand and dragged me through the hallway. Midoriya was standing at my front door with a cup of coffee and a white rose in hand.