14.

Hii <333

Emery's gonna be a bit judgemental this chapter but if you look into what she's saying you can probably tell that's not what she means.

When Aizawa calls Emery princess he means it in an insulting way. Like Kenji and Juliette from Shatter Me.

Lastly, you guys in my comment section saying the n-word better be black /srs :)

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!!

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Emery's pov:

I woke to something licking my face. I slowly open my eyes to see yellow eyes staring back at me.

I let out a scream and jumped backwards, hitting my head on the wall.

"Shit!"

I rubbed the back of my head and looked back at where I was sleeping.

My body relaxed at the sight.

It was a cat.

A black fluffy cat with piercing yellow eyes.

I sighed and took it in my arms. It hissed and kicked before I could properly lay it on my lap. Even then it tried running away.

I brushed its fur until it bit my hand and ran into the yellow sleeping bag I was in.

I stared at it for a while, inching closer with each second.

I put my arms out.

"You don't mean to harm anyone." I whispered, "Come on."

It cautiously took steps towards me. Scanning my every move to make sure I wasn't going to betray it.

It placed its paw on my knee then pulled back.

"It's okay take your time."

It couldn't understand what I was saying but I'd like to pretend it did.

It gingerly curled itself in my arms and allowed me to play with its soft black fur.

Once it was able to let go of its doubts and fears it wasn't as aggressive and closed off as it was a few moments ago.

"I think we're going to be great friends," I whispered while placing my hand on its head.

Sooner or later I realized I didn't know where I was, the cat had all my attention for a good while.

The room I was in was painted light gray and had a window bringing light throughout the room. I was sleeping in a yellow sleeping bag next to a bigger bed and a cat bed.

There were pills without water on the counter along with a bag of chips. I was in the same clothes I had yesterday though the butterfly clips were scattered everywhere and my shoes were in a corner.

I had a terrible headache and I couldn't recall anything from last night. My phone was nowhere to be found but Midoriya's rings were on the counter.

I opened the door and peeked my head out to see if it was safe to move. Toffee was still with me for a sense of emotional support.

I named the cat Toffee because it felt fitting, I don't care if this isn't my cat.

I tip-toed to the living room to see Aizawa putting Eri's hair in little pigtails.