Chapter 2. Scientific Method.

"Leif always had an issue with you hanging out with Eli, he was just jealous. You think building  potato engines in an abandoned mall was gonna get you anywhere? It was for the best. Besides, his right pinky was always bent. Just another flaw that he has. Another thing in that relationship you had to fix. What else do you need to fix?"

(The time is 9 PM, in the corner of the room lies Theo, unconscious in a cot with a bottle of water on counter next to him. Sitting beside him is a woman, looking no older than in her 20's and hair the color of  a clover, taking notes on her unknowing patient as he mumbles in his sleep)

Another day, another dollar, dear Theodore.

(As he awoke, Theo's head felt as though he had put it through a cement mixer. )

"Whyyy?"

"I don't know why. But at least you're here to see another day Theodore!"

(Theo was less than happy for her to be the first voice he heard this morning. A long sleeve shirt, another new dye job and that ever taunting name tag that labeled her Astrid.

He struggled to look over to the woman; Her hair a color of light blue this time. Its never a good time to see her. Yet she's the only one he got to talk to regularlly. It annoyed him. Her and her disarming accent, it sounded real but you could swear she wasn't British. Or Australian? It was something like that but made worse by the concern on her face that was clearly foreign to her repertoire of emotions.)

"Do you know how worried we were about you? Why just seeing you and Elias on the floor like that, it was just so frightening."

(Theo had to will himself out of the medical cot, and from the moment he went to move his arm  it felt like someone took a sledgehammer to all of his bones)

"Where...  the hell's....  Eli?"

"Oh.. Elias was actually relatively unscathed. He's been a bit jumpy while you were out of it.  While we're mentioning it and him, do you know where-

(Theo pushed her aside. He needs to get something straight with Eli about what the hell happened. His memory of the event is still blurry and he knew his legs were as useful as Twizzlers ((Seriously though fuck Twizzlers, Theo was not going back to that memory of a  wasted Halloween, should've egged that lady's house!"))-No! He had to focus on getting to Eli. That and not falling on his ass.)

 (As Theodore barged in the room, a mixture of urgency and the fact he nearly fell over on the still open door;his legs becoming useless as he entered ,Eli stood at the center of the room.  

The scene was one of a perfected chaos. Papers with page markers but none of them seemed placed in any particular order.He had been writing.  Alot. Stacks upon stacks of paper, crossed out, filled in, none of it consistent,some even on the walls; it was as if his brain was a bouncing ball and the words simply landed where they landed.

After seemingly admiring his work, or maybe just trying to add it all into coherent book in head, he spoke.)

"There's so much here. So many parts, so much that can work."

"Yooo. Eli, you good? Like this is a forest's worth of paper. Where did you even get this stuff? They only give us a certain amount of this stuff per month, then we got to go Astrid for it, and it's your turn this time to sit through her seminar on recycling. 

"It doesn't matter. Not at all. Tell me Theo, what do you remember from the last encounter?

(It was like Eli wasn't answering Theo's question, more just putting out a random thought to whoever heard it.)