EX:33

Chapter 33

Tiana's Perspective

"You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. Remember that."-Unknown

•••••••

       THE situation that I was in at the moment was far more than tricky, here I was expressing to a man how much I needed my space yet jumping on him in such a scandalous way at the same time. I wanted to believe that my emotions and actions weren't a part of what I actually wanted, however that was completely fictitious.

        I paced back and forth in the living room area of me and Ally's shared space in nothing but a pair of pink cupcake decorated pajamas and matching slippers. After a quick race home speeding through traffic and a warm shower, I was even more confused about where I stood when it came to Owen.

       Ally had informed me that she would be out for a while with Kacey and Faith since they had plans to visit a new bar downtown after leaving Twon's place. I was sort of upset with myself, instead of going out with my friends and enjoying life I would be stuck at home in my feelings probably stuffing my face with ice cream to feel better.

Life had been so complicated recently, which is upsetting because I moved to Savannah a year ago to escape my troubles, but I guess you could never really run away from your problems.

       After becoming a little winded from pacing around the living room so much I sat down on the couch sluggishly. My desire for a sweet treat increased as I felt the need to bottle all of my emotions up and diffuse them through eating.

       I went into the kitchen dragging my feet in my pink furry slippers searching for something sugary to eat however, there was nothing to be found. I grabbed my car keys off of the kitchen counter deciding to take a short trip to the grocery store, we needed to do some shopping anyway.

        Once making my way outside of the house and locking the front door I held my thin sweater tightly around my torso due to the chilly weather. I hopped in my car in a hurry and made my way to the closest Walmart I could find.

       The store was somewhat busy as I pushed a grey cart in front of me observing various kinds of donuts and cookies in the pastry area of the store. I could tell that my cycle would be soon starting considering how much I had been having a sweet tooth lately.

As I checked out a box of chocolate chip cookies to see if it had been tampered with I heard a tiny voice calling out my name urgently.

       I turned around in confusion noticing a small girl with red ribbons in her head skipping towards me. It took me a minute to recognize who the little girl was before a smile made its way onto my face.

"Hi Ms. Tiana," the small child spoke standing in front of me.

"Oh... hi Heaven, what are you doing in here this time of the night sweetheart?" I asked awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

     She held a black barbie doll in her hand smiling up at me. Before my question could've been potentially answered a woman ran over to us at full speed displaying a look of worry on her face.

"Heaven, I thought I told you to stay put!"

       Frustration consumed me as I tried to keep my cool. I sighed sitting the box of cookies inside of my cart desiring the ability to teleport back home.

"Hi Robyn"

The woman met eyes with me forcing a cordial smile, "hi Tiana"

"I like your pj's Ms. Tiana, they're really pretty." Heaven's voice was filled with excitement as she observed my attire.