CHAPTER ONE

"What If they don't like me?" Keyon huffed as she looked out the window and at the snow piled on the sides of the roads as the past down the streets.

Her mum clutched her cardigan against herself as she reached to the button on the car dashboard to turn the AC off.

Her mama that was driving, looked back swiftly and put her free hand on Keyon's knee and said, "they'll love you!"

Keyon sighed as she continued to look out the frosty window. "I hope you're right mama"

Keyon's nose tip was turning a soft pink from the chill air breezing through the car. Her mum looked at her mama and then her mum said, "trust us honey!"

Her mum wanted to lift the pressure so she put her hands on the air excitedly and said, "HEY WE ARE ALMOST THERE BABY!!" Keyon and her mothers laughed then while giggling her mama said, "Nova! I am driving!!! D'you want us to crash"

Keyon giggled at her mothers beginning to jokingly argue. Keyon heard all the stories and she's heard all about the dark lord. She hopes she gets put into anything but Slytherin.

Her mama pulled off to the side of what seemed nowhere but then she turned back to Keyon, "the carriages will take it from here. We love you!" Then she winked and got out of the car along with Nova.

They got out of the car and hugged Keyon then helped her put her trunk into the carriage. They waved by to her as the carriage took her a way.

Keyon sighed exhaustedly as she slumped down in the seat she was in.
A short wizard who was controlling the carriage was nice and said, "don't be nervous Miss. West! Us Professors are very delighted to meet you! Also welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor Flitwick, I teach charms class"
Keyon smiled and nodded.

The carriage stopped and then Keyon got out of the carriage and a giant man came and grabbed her trunk. "Hullo I'm perfess'r Hagrid hope yer' enjoy it here" she smiled warmly and nodded then she was leaded into the castle by the same guy, Hagrid.

They stopped in front of two dark wooden doors and then Keyon nodded and Hagrid opened the doors. Keyon and Hagrid walked into the huge room known as the great hall.

Keyon looked around the room amused as she walked towards the front. There were four tables, one full of boys and girls wearing Blue, another of them wearing Green, another of Red, and another of Yellow.

Above the table and all around were floating candles and the roof was a reflection of the sky. She whispered to herself, "wow" as she was amused of everything.

A guy at the front with a long white beard and half moon spectacles silenced the students and he said, "Attention students, we have a new student who will be joining us this year. Everyone, this is Keyon West!"

Everyone clapped in excitement and Keyon waved and smiled. "She will be joining the 4th years. Now we will sort her into her house, Keyon if you would sit on this stool"  after Dumbledore said his sentence Keyon whispered to herself very softly, "you will sort THEM into THEIR house

She sat down on the stool and then Miss. Mcgonagall put a dark brown torn hat on her puffy brown hair. The hair began to speak to Keyon.

"Ahhh a West. Hmmmmm....very brave..loads of loyal...but here, here you have high intelligence....deep kind heart. You are hard to pick...BEST BE HUFFLEPUFF!!!"

The table full of yellow cheered loudly with smiles and claps then Keyon's robe turned yellow in the hood and the inside and so did her tie.

She smiled and walked over to her now, house table. She sat next to a boy who had waved for her to sit next to him.

She sat down next to him and he put his hand out, "I'm Cedric Diggory. Pleasure to meet you!" Keyon looked at him with her brown mountain like eyes and said, "you too" but then she curved her fist and put it in front of his.

He looked at her and fist bumped her back. He smiled and said, "you aren't like "other" girls are you?"

Keyon took a drink of her pumpkin juice and said, " no" then winked.
Cedric laughed with Keyon and they were having small conversations as throughout dinner.

She asked, "so what year you in?" He said, "6th" Keyon nodded. Cedric turned fully towards her by putting his leg around the wooden bench and said, "so tell me what's it like, America. I mean your accent is the rarest in this school"

Keyon sighed deeply then said, "nothing special at all. There's no magic and the world is cruel. It's a shit hole to say the least"

She then took a toothpick out of her pocket and played with it between her teeth attractively. Cedric nodded and said "After dinner I could give you a tour"

Keyon nodded and said, "you better"

George looked over at Cedric and Keyon and he said, "she is really pretty, aww look at her smile"

They didn't realize the Gryffindor's staring at them because they were laughing at inside jokes.

Hermione whispered not expecting Fred or George to hear. "She's beautiful"

Cedric and Keyon haven't even known each other for an hour and they were all ready the best of friends.

Every girl at the hufflepuff table was giving Keyon dirty looks. Cedric leaned towards Keyon's ear and said, "just ignore them, they're just jealous" then he rolled his eyes.

Keyon rolled her eyes and asked, "the hell are they jealous of me for?" Cedric sighed jokingly and said, "they think you like me"

Keyon laughed so hard for a moment and had to catch her breath. The whole table was confused why she was laughing. Cedric began to laugh but then asked, "what's so funny?"

Keyon sat up still giggling a bit then put her hands on his shoulders and whispered, "it's funny because they think I like men"