1

Syd's POV:

Summer break is finally over. I have to say, I'm kind of relieved. I know what your thinking...

Who would want summer break to end? Me. I'm sorry, I'm just so bored. Nothing interesting has happened over this break and as much as I'm happy to have no worries, I like the adventure sometimes. This summer was good for all us to recover from the Katherine and Katy situation. That was traumatizing. But, I'm bored now and I miss the thrill. What can I say... I'm a thrill seeker. Anyways, the crew (Me, Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie) did have a sleepover with Bonnie's grams one day. Best. Day. Ever.

-----

7:30 AM

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen where Jeremy stands around the table drinking his coffee, watching Jenna run around the room like a crazy person. Jeremy starts laughing at her and she glares at him. I smile happy to have my family all together. 

"Hey guys", I greeted them. "Woah, Jenna you got somewhere to be?" She reveals a devilish smirk, then returns back to panicking.

"Hey Syd...", she ignores my question. "Shoot. Lunches. It's the first day back to school, I'm already so bad at this", she puts her hand on her forehead and sighs in defeat.

"Don't you have an interview or something today? It's already 7:45", Elena says walking downstairs with her bag and shoes ready to leave. Elena is always early and ready for school before me and Jeremy. It's annoying because she gets mad at us for not wanting to be as early. Like miss girl?

"Shit!" Jenna realizes, "I have to go... like right now"

"Goooo", Jeremy slurs pushing Jenna out the door.

"Wait! Wait!", Jenna protests. "I want to hug you all and say a proper goodbye." She says glaring at Jer. "Come here"
We all dramatically jump into her arms and give her a big group hug. No, this is not for the interview she's going to. Right after her interview, Jenna is leaving on a trip for a while. We convinced her to leave and take a break because she deserved. That wasn't the reason entirely though. The whole Katherine and Katy situation made us all realize that Jenna's in danger and her getting away from all of this is the best thing for her right now. We all somehow didn't get her involved and didn't have to tell her what was really going on. Thank god for that.
After we finish our hug, we waved to Jenna and watched her drive away. Elena grabs my arm and throws my bag along with hers on her shoulder.

"Cmon Syd were gonna be late".

"Ok, ok I'm coming".

-----

At school

We arrive at school with 5 minutes to spare before class. I got to admit, if it wasn't for Elena we would be late every day. I hear someone call my name and turn around to see my perky, blonde best friend running up to me with open arms.

"Syd! Elena! Jer!", she screams at an awkwardly high pitch, making Jeremy already uncomfy. She gives Elena and Jer a quick group hug, and then launches herself at me. Her bouncy blonde curls fall all over my face as she jumps up and down squeezing me tight.

"Hey care, I missed you", I confess. She smiles and hugs me again. Caroline's always been there for me. She tries to put me first and acknowledge that I also feel sad, not just Elena.

"Not as much as me." She winks at me. "Come let's go to class, we get to meet our new history teacher today after Damon killed Mr. Tanner." We both roll our eyes sarcastically trying to act as if we aren't relieved he's not our teacher anymore. Ya, I'm a bitch get over it. Speaking about Damon, Damon and I became super close after Elena and Stefan started dating. We always tease them and sneak up on them while they're doing the dirty. They hate us. Whatever. I'm a bitch again.

"Stefan! My favourite one of Elena's boyfriends", I tease bringing him into a hug. Elena glares at me. "Awwww, what's wrong sis? Can't have a little fun on the first day of school without... MR. TANNERRR!" Stefan laughs and Elena tries to hold hers in but fails when she sees Stefan smiling. Even tho my sister is very annoying... I love seeing her happy and Stefan brings that feeling into her life. So I love him for that.
I've always been good at making people laugh and feel better about themselves. Can't say I can do the same for myself though. Listen, I may seem strong and confident on the outside, but I really struggle sometimes. From all the grief, loneliness, and betrayal. Elena likes to show her emotions unlike me, which causes everyone to be there more for Elena. So ya I'll admit it, it gets lonely sometimes. But lets just say, I'm really good at hiding my feelings and emotions. So most people don't suspect it.

"Nice to see you Sydney", Stefan responds.

A person clears their throat as they walk into the classroom. He's tall, brown hair, has a cute smile, and kinda cute for a teacher if you know what I mean.

"A L A R I C  S A L T Z M A N" is then written on the board. Interesting name.

"Hello everyone, my name is Alaric Saltzman. I know It's a mouthful but you'll catch on. You can call me Ric or Mr. Slatzman.", He seems nice, definitely better than Mr. Tanner. God that guy made me want to gouge my own eyeballs out. "History is my favourite topic to teach and learn about it. I am excited to be your teacher this year and can't wait to teach you all.", He smiles at everyone. Ok I like his energy.

-----

After school... The Salvatore boarding house

School today was a lot better than I thought it would be. Having fun Ric as the new history teacher really made the day a lot better. He didn't randomly call on people and make them uncomfortable which encouraged more people to participate. He's the best type of teacher. All love to him.

"Daaaamonnn", I whisper yell as Elena and I walk into the house. "Daaaaammmonnnn", I whisper yell even louder and longer to get his attention. 

"Damon we're here", Elena spits out at normal volume. Really. She always takes the fun out of everything. That's my twin for ya. A gush of wind spins around us and Damon picks me up and throws me on the couch.

"Hello, Gilbert twins", Damon sings. "To what do I owe the pleasure of both of you being in my presence today?", He teases. Damon knows how to have fun with me. We always joke around together and he gets what's it's like to be in my position. I mean, thank god. I need someone around here to joke around with me once in a while.

"I'm here to see Stefan, do you know where he is?", Elena asks ignoring Damon's teasing. "Stefan!"

"Hey", Stefan greets us as he runs down the stairs. "Ready?", He asks Elena as they walk out of the house going God knows where. I stopped asking. It's just me and Damon now, like always.

"So, how was your first day of school? Spill", Damon asks me.

"Actually really good. We have this new history teacher and he's great. I think you guys would get along really well"

"If he likes bourbon, vampires, and girls then ya for sure!" He responds sarcastically. I roll my eyes.

"Wanna come on the drive with me home?", I ask him. "You can go for a little vamp speed run back". I ask pouting to convince him to come. I hate driving so I hope he offers.

"Of course, my favourite gilbert twin." He teases adding his famous smirk. I wait for it. "I'll drive." Yes.