17

Syd's POV

I wake up to the sun shining warmly on my face. I sit up on my bed and wrap myself deeper into the covers. I take a deep breath, trying to convince myself that today is going to be a better day. Today, I'm going to try and put the past in the past and remember that Klaus and Stefan are still gone and not coming back for a very long time... so we think. As long as Klaus does not find out that Lena is still alive, he's not coming back.

I sprung out of bed and walked to the bathroom to get ready. Damon and I are going out for lunch and Elena may join us a little later. I put on shorts and a cropped t-shirt and make my way downstairs. To my surprise theirs no one downstairs. I wonder where Elena is? I know Jeremy is probably out with his friends doing something. If he has any. But, Elena always tells me where she's going.

I grabbed my phone, bag and keys and ran out of the house realizing I was already 10 minutes late.

When I arrived at the grill I saw Damon immediately. He was talking to... Matt at the bar? Weirdest duo I ever did see.

Anyways, I walked up to the bar and sat beside him giving Matt a weird look.

"Hey babies", Damon teased, "I missed you while you were with Klaus killing people"

"To soon Damon", I rolled my eyes. Matt chuckled.

"Good to have you back Syd. Someone needs to tell Damon to shut up", he scoffed. I laughed awkwardly not knowing how to tell Matt that I like Damon and I actually don't like him.

"Go get me another drink, busboy", Damon glared. Matt stared at Damon in disgust and I stood there patiently waiting for him to obey. "I said go, shoo"

Matt left and I rolled my eyes in relief.

"Can we please go sit at a table? I can't deal with Matt's commentary today", I whined. Damon chuckled and held his hand out for me.

"Of course my darling"

"So you're saying that I was right and Klaus is trying to make more hybrids?", Damon asked already knowing he was right.

"Yep. He's trying to make a fucking army it's pathetic. He's scared to be alone because all his family despises him for being too angry and con-"

"How do you know all this? About Klaus's personal life?", Damon asked very curiously

"Um... I don't know. It... a... got boring at times. Had to find things to do and talk about", I said not even a little bit convincing.

"Okay", Damon said doing that annoying eye thing he does when he knows something's up.

"Anyways", I say trying to relieve the tension, "Where's Elena? She wasn't at the house when I got up today"

"Oh right, she wanted me to tell you that she's with Bonnie. Something happened today at the house while you were sleeping"

"Were you there?", I asked growing worried.

"No, just Elena, Bonnie and Caroline"

"Well, what happened?"

"Apparently, Elena was cooking with Bonnie when her necklace randomly burned her. Then Bonnie tried seeing what was wrong with it or if it had any hidden magic", Damon explained

"T-the what?", I trembled knowing exactly what was going on.

"Her necklace you know the one Stefan gave her"

"Oh right. I know that one", I chuckled uncomfortably. Damon narrowed his eyes.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"