Chapter 1

Year 845: The fall of wall Maria

I watched as left and right these giant creatures poured in. No matter my position no matter my strength I knew that I was not enough to win against humanity's biggest enemy.

"Help!"

A blood curdling scream rang through the air. I thought I was use to the sounds of agony people let out before death from my experiences in life but this was different.

Frantically I searched for the source of the scream finally laying eyes on a small girl.

For a moment I saw my self as her. A poor defenseless child was what I used to be before I met him, before I lost them, before I realized what I could be.

Speeding through the air I cut the nape of the Titan watching as the girl came tumbling down when it's grasp loosened.

I tried going to her but a hoard of Titans began heading my way. All I could do was scream in hopes that she would wake up and run to safety.

My throat went dry when a twelve meter Titan picked up the small girl crushing her bones in his left hand. Blood spattered everywhere and I was left looking at her now limp body.

The emotions I felt were indescribable I had seen people die countless times before yet this was the first time I had been affected and it was over someone that I didn't even know. Was it perhaps that she reminded me of me or that she looked a little too much like a friend I once knew?

With a small click my attention was redirected to my left hook.

My gear stopped coiling in from the left causing me te be dragged by my right hook into one of the buildings it had attached itself to.

Slamming into the brick wall I felt my bones shatter instantly. The pain was unbearable and I fought to keep my eyes open.

Is this it?

Is this the end?

Is this how I die?

Without seeing him again?

My body felt numb as it fell through the air. The Titans surrounding me fought each other trying to get to me.

To a normal person I wasn't special but to these Titans my falling body was equivalent to gold.

They could see something that others couldn't. They could see how my body was different. They could feel it coursing through my veins. That I, y/n l/n, the raging war goddess, the well known vigilante, the ultimate soldier had a deeper secret. A secret that forced me to cover my face, a secret that cornered me into hiding in the underground for years.

From the moment I set out I knew it was over. I was willing to sacrifice myself if it meant at least someone else would make it. Someone who actually deserved to live. But even in saving others I had failed.

I watched what remained of Shiganshina hoping that my demise would be quick.

One of the Titans broke through the rest grabbing onto the wire from my odm gear that still connected me to the building.

I was too weak to move or think of anything having already accepted my fate I prepared myself for what was ahead.

I'm sorry that I broke our promise but at least I'll see you again.

Year 850: Five years after (following the battle at trost)

"Wake up It's time for your trial"