Whispers

Their whispers.

I could hear them everyday.

I didn't mind hearing them at all, but the words they'd spoken.

"You've murdered us."

It kept repeating, repeating, repeating non-stop.

I wanted to cover my ears to stop hearing them, but I still could hear them no matter what.

From day to night, night to day, they kept whispering to me.

"You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us."

Those whispers kept hunting me, and putting all those guilts on me.

"You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us. You've murdered us."

"Boboiboy..."

I opened my eyes, finding myself on the ground.

"Are you alright? You have been like this since..."

The yellow power sphere felt concerned about me.

"I know this is hard for you, it's hard for me too, but it wasn't your fault, we never knew what was going to happen."

"But I could have protected them, they were still within my reach, and yet..."

"Boboiboy..."

"If only I wasn't stubborn enough, all of these won't happen."

"You were trying to protect others."

"BUT GUESS WHAT? THEY ENDED UP... T... They ended..."

Tears suddenly flow down my face, thinking of what I'm about to say makes my heart ache, it's painful.

"You didn't save us."

It's really really painful.

"You didn't protect us."

The yellow sphere flew towards me and gave me a hug.

"Please rest more, you've been through a lot."

"I'm not worthy of this power anymore."

Ochobot immediately released me from the hug, he was shocked by what I just said, and replied, "Wh... what do you mean by that?"

"If I couldn't protect my friends, then what's the point of saving the Galaxy?"

"Boboiboy wait-" before Ochobot could finish his words, I rushed out of my room. I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't breathe properly, thinking and talking about it guilts me so much.

"You're ignorant."

I decided to go out and catch some air. This whole thing was overwhelming me. I kept walking and walking, I didn't realize that I've reached the playground that my friends and I used to play at... Those were fun memories...

"You're stubborn."

Memories huh.

"You're selfish."

My last memories about Gopal, Fang, Yaya, and Ying, my closest friends... weren't the best, but the worst. They told me to run, but I decided to be stubborn and stayed. They offered me some help, and I decided to reject their help and selfishly do it myself.

"What kind of hero are you?"

In the end, I had to witness their death in front of my eyes.

"What kind of friend are you?"

Am I even worthy to be called their friends? All they wanted to do was to help me... and yet I didn't listen to them at all. I am really the worst friend ever, whatever I do I can never turn back the time and fix my mistake.

"You can..."

I can...?

"Join us and we'll forgive you."

That's right... I'm not supposed to be standing here right now...

"Join us, Boboiboy."

I should go and join my friends...

"Fix your mistake."

...so that I can fix my mistakes...

"BOBOIBOY WATCH OUT!"

The moment I snapped out of my thoughts, I saw Ochobot flying by the street. Suddenly I could hear a truck beeping.

"BEEEEEEEEEP!"

I immediately turned to my right, the next thing I saw was a truck.

"Hey Boboiboy, why are you laying on the floor?"

Gopal...?

"Get up! The others are still waiting for you, we have a mission to do, remember?"

He reached out his hand to me.

"Ah right!"

I smiled and grabbed onto his hand.

"Hehe let's go Gopal!"

Maybe that was a bad dream after all.

"Our local hero, Boboiboy, had got into an accident and passed away. He had joined his friends on the other side."