Prologue

KILLER'S POV
    "Boss we found him. I tracked him to a townhome in the heart of New Orleans", the voice said as soon as I answered the black burner phone. "Hmm how convenient", I said reaching for the box containing the sharpest of solid gold knives.

**********
    I watched the man kiss his wife and daughter as the greeted him at the front door. I waited at least an hour before I stepped out of the shadows onto the quiet street to cross. I knocked on the black wooden door and waited for someone to answer.

    "Can I help you", the woman asked only opening the door a crack. I shoved the door open, hitting her in the head with it causing blood to drip down onto her pretty face from the cut. The moment she opened her mouth to cry out in pain I plunged one of my gold daggers in her throat.

    "What the fuck", the man screamed as he stood in shock at the bottom of the stairs. He rushed towards me, grabbing the shot gun from the basket beside the steps. However he was too late. I moved quick throwing the other solid gold dagger I had tucked inside of my coat pocket right into the back of his hand. He dropped the gun, screaming in agony.

    I moved forward pulling the blade from his hand and stabbing him twice in each thigh. "Who else is here", I barked. "No one, I swear", he cried. I hate liars. "Very well then", I say as I slit his throat in the shape of an upside down cross. I watched him bleed out before I stood and headed upstairs to find the daughter. I dragged the bloody dagger across paintings and pictures as I checked each room for her, humming "ding-dong the witch is dead". She must've escaped as I came into the house. I do one more quick check before moving downstairs to work on the body.

    I exited the townhouse still humming the same tune as I got into my car. I took one more last look at the house before I pulled off into the night.

**********

    "Wake up and get to the address I sent you. I'm going to need your help on this one".

******
❤️‍🔥First time writing a story please vote and comment. Let me know if you have any questions ❤️‍🔥