Chapter 1

BRITTANY POV
    "Fuck me", I muttered as I stepped out of my Matte black 1969 Dodge Charger into the muggy heat. One of the many things I hate about New Orleans. I crushed my cigarette on the gravel walkway as I strolled into the townhouse looking for officer Puckerman.

    I made the cross sign as I stepped over the body of a woman who was blocking the entrance. "Noah", I yelled as I walked further into the house. He pulled me aside. "That's detective Puckerman now."  "No shit", I smiled as I punched him in the arm. "What dumb ass promoted you"? He rubbed his arm and smirked, at least I'm getting paid asshole." I shook my head and pulled out another cigarette searching for my lighter. "I got paid a hundred bucks last week to find a little boys missing car."

    He snatched the cigarette from me motioning to the dead body. My bad. I turned towards the dead woman and asked, "hey do you mind if I smoke in your home? What's that, you don't mind?" Puck shot me a dirty look and pulled me into the living-room where a body was nailed to the wall in the shape of a cross. "My god", I sighed as I took a step forward examining the body. " what do we know Puck?"

   "He was an archaeologist, famous for finding what some call the holy grail." Poor bastard was probably killed by some bible thumping cult.  I took a closer look at the body, snapping pictures of the upside down cross cut in his throat.  "Do we have any witnesses?" Puck motion to a girl I didn't notice sitting in the kitchen at the table crying silently.

    I took a seat across from her and passed her the box of tissue on the table. "Hi, I'm PI Pierce but you can call me Brittany". "Marley", she sniffles as she wiped her eyes. "Well Marley can you tell me exactly what you saw?" She took a sip from the cup on the table. "My father had just come back from a trip from Mexico. We were supposed to go out and celebrate his next be find. I was upstairs getting ready when there was a knock at the door. Next thing I know I hear screaming and I run to the middle of the steps to see my mother bleeding out and my dad dropping his shot gun. I panicked and ran upstairs to the attic and hid."

    "Is there anything else you can remember, what did the person look like, what did they say", I asked while taking notes. "The person wore a gold mask and had on all black with a gold cross chain around their neck. I don't recall them saying anything but the did hum some kind of song." I thanked Marley and stood up walking over to Puck. "This is a bust there isn't really much to go on here."  "Yeah that's partially why we are passing the case on to you. If you fail it won't fall back on the department, well that and we don't have enough man power like we use too."  Fuck the police, nothing but a bunch of crooked lazy assholes. Well besides Puck, he was a good man.

    I went over my notes and frowned. Where was the item that Marley's dad found? I walked outside over to the cop car Marley was in, bending down to be eye level with her. "You said your father found something in Mexico, what was it."  She furrowed her brow as she thought, "I'm not sure but he put it inside the safe under the kitchen sink." I stood up tapping the hood of the cop car as I drove off. I turned and walked back inside looking at the code Marley gave me to open the safe. I pulled out a wooden box wrapped in a long silver chain with a cross on it, covered in red and black wax. What the fuck is this?

**********
    I pulled up to my PI office located a block away from Bourbon street. The bell jingled as I entered throwing a quick greeting to my partner Sugar who was putting on lipstick. I threw the box on my desk and pulled out notes and pictures from the crime scene.

    "Hey Britt, some local kids hired us to find their missing dog," Sugar said as she took a seat at then edge of my desk.  "Fuck the dog Sugar, we have a high profile case on our hands here", I said excitedly as I rubbed my hands together and smiled like a maniac. As I explained to Sugar in great detail about the crime scene my eyes kept wanting to wonder to the box. My eyes connected with the box maybe 20 times before I gave in and pried open the box.

    "Brittany no, you have doomed humanity as we know it," Sugar yelled dramatically before we both burst out laughing. I shook my head as I looked inside pulling out an old looking dagger. I read the inscription out loud that was carved on to the knife. " Te ató por la eternidad o la muerte." A chill swept over me as the last word fell from my lips. I got a strange urge to cut myself with the dagger.  My hand gripped around the blade tightly. "Britt!" I jumped slicing my palm open as I got scared by the little body rushing towards me. "Shit Britt, I'm sorry", Quinn said as she grabbed Beth.  "No it's fine just a little blood." I walked to the bathroom washing the blood off my palm so I can bandage my hand, however there was no cut anywhere on my hand. That's fucking weird.

*********
    I jolted awake panting heavily as I sat up in bed. I could of sworn that I felt someone breathing on the back of my neck. I sighed turning on the bedside lamp getting up to go grab a drank of water. As I stood in the kitchen drinking out of my cup I saw something move out the corner of my eye causing me to drop the glass. "Fuck", I grunted squatting down to wipe up the water. I heard a chuckle in my ear causing me to stand up straight and scream.  The lights turned on as a worried Quinn looked around holding a baseball bat. "What the fuck Britt?" "Sorry thought I heard something", I said as I swept up the glass. I turned the lights off, running full speed to my room locking the bedroom door.

    By time I had finally fallen asleep I was being woken up by an urgent Sugar begging me to meet at a local coffee shop. "What's up", I asked as I took a seat across from her. "You know that dagger you were messing around with, well I did some digging with my coven." Yep you heard right. Sugar is trying to become a certified witch. Last year the government passed a bill recognizing witchcraft as a thing.  You can even mark full moons as a spell casting holiday now. "Well what did they say," I asked as I sipped my coffee.

   "The dagger is an ancient one dating back hundreds of years. It's said to belong to the devil himself and whoever reads the inscription (you are bound to me for eternity or til death) soul is tied to the devil." I laughed, "Sugar you really believe that shit." "Hey that's my religion you're laughing at, show some respect." I raised my hands in surrender.

    My phone vibrated with a text  from Puck telling me to meet him at the station. Once I got there and walked in cops looked at me and whispered to each other.  "Hey Pierce I heard you solved the case of the missing toy car," Finn joked. "Fuck you Finn, that's why I fucked your girl last night." He shoved me and as I went to shove back Puck got between us. "Calm down both of you. Brittany the reason I called you down here is because Marley needs protection." I guess some time last night the department got a call from the killer saying he was going to kill her.

*******
❤️‍🔥First chapter is done. Santana comes in the next chapter. Please vote and comment❤️‍🔥