22. Betrayed

T o r i

I open my eyes, awaken by the sunlight. Looking around the room I notice it's mine. Wait, what? I pat down my bed, and kick my feet around to see if anyone's in the bed with me. Sitting up, I groan looking around my room. Where's Harry?

I roll out of bed, and slip on my slippers. Walking out of my room, I hear people talking in the kitchen. I freeze, trying not to make any loud noises. No I'm not eavesdropping.. just listening from afar..

"How is she doing?" My mom asks someone. How is who doing?

"She's better, I hope. I'm trying to fix things." Harry replies quietly, and slowly. He usually talks like that a lot, but it doesn't really bother me.

"That's good. Have you spoken to Heather?"

"Sorta, but I'm trying to avoid her. She's pretty much the one who ruined all of this, and messing around with her would make matters worse."

"Girls are so cruel these days, I don't understand."

"Tell me about it..

"I heard that you can sing, maybe you should serenade her and win her heart back?"

Harry's loud laugh booms off of the walls. I smile to myself, just by hearing his laughter. "If only it was that easy."

I shuffle my feet into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning Tori," My mom says walking over to me, and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning mom." I give her a side hug, and keep my eyes on Harry. He's keeping his head down, not watching me like he usually would.

"Sleep well?" She asks brushing her fingers through my hair. I lean back to get away from her.

"Don't touch my hair!"

She lets out a small laugh. "Anyways, duty calls. I'll be home in a few hours so please don't wreck it." My mom says giving me a wave. She stares at Harry for a moment, and gives a sigh.

I give my mom a flashy smile, as she walks out of the house. When she's gone I turn to face Harold. "Are you okay?"

He smiles, "Just missing home." I sigh, and walk over to him. My arms wrap themselves around his waist.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I like being here too." He winks putting his arms around me.

"How did I wake up in my room?" I ask staring up into his eyes. If I can remember, we fell asleep together last night.

"I took you to your room early this morning, so your mum wouldn't expect anything."

"Oh.. Thanks." I murmur, escaping his comforting hug. I walk away from him, and over to the fridge. Opening it, I inspect for any good food, but sadly don't find anything.

"Hey, wanna go grab some grub?" I ask him turning around slowly. His face lights up, and a smile appears on his face.

"I'd love to."

*~*

I swat Harry hand as he tries touching my breakfast. This has been going on for the past few minutes. All the customers are staring at us, and the IHOP workers.

"Stop! Eat your food." I laugh holding his hand back. He ignores me, grinning.

"Never."

I reach over the table, taking his bacon off his plate and shoving it into my mouth. Harry's mouth turns into a pout. "Fine, I'll stop."