Part 33

Hours passed. Family decided to meet the pandit and decide the dates of marriage the next day. Arnav made it clear that he wants it simple but they can have every ritual just with their family as it is what Khushi wish for. Arnav knew if he let family have their way then they will demand a grand ceremony which will some or the other way will burden Khushi as she won't let him bear all the expenses alone .So it is better to keep it simple .But he was determined to fulfill all her dreams even if it was just with their family.

It was night. On Anjali's insistence they have arranged a small party for nani's friends and some of their near one's. Anjali was engrossed in some talks with her friends when she saw Khushi passing by. "Khushiji please come here"

"Ji Anjaliji"

"Khushiji they are some of my friends". She then introduced everyone to Khushi and conveniently forgetting to introduce Khushi as her chotte's fiancé. After introduction she with a facade of politeness asked "Khushiji they were not served anything till now. Will you go and get them something to drink." Khushi knew this trick of her too well. She had fallen so many times in this trick .So She simply said

"Oh Anjaliji ,I am sorry .Arnavji said I have someone else to meet. Why don't you go and get them yourself while I will take them to the table and make them comfortable on my way to meet Arnavji. You should have done this long back Anjaliji if you know they didn't had anything till now." Then she gave her best smile to the guest and politely asked them to come with her .Anjali stood there with open mouth. Did Khushi denied her demand and simply insulted her ?

After sometime when the party was almost over Anjali found Khushi going to Kitchen. So she followed her as she wanted to talk to her.

"Oh Anjaliji ..you need something?" Khushi asked seeing Anjali there

"This is my house Khushiji. I don't need you to grand me something in my own house. Chotte has just proposed you. You are not married that you start behaving like mistress of this house. Have you forgotten Lavanya. Chotte declared he wants to marry her in front of the guest in a party like this but you know what happened at last .So don't count the chicken before it hatch." The venom slowly leaking in each word her utter

"So are you saying your chotte is not trust worthy and unreliable? Khushi asked raising her eyebrow

"No. I am saying he will soon realize his mistake soon. He will see that his previous judgement about you were true. This façade you have put in front him will fall."

"And what made you think so?"

"I didn't realize it early. If I did ,I would have made sure to make chotte stay away from you. But now I know. You think I didn't see how you started showing your real color. How you brushed off my requests .From morning I have been noticing your changes. First you refused to help me with Pooja arrangements, then you didn't prepare the lunch menu I ordered you to prepare but instead you prepared your own. Then you grabbed the first opportunity to snatch my mother's bangles and then how you refused to serve my guest. You are utilizing my chotte .You are nothing but an opportunist who uses my chotte for his money"

"First of all Anjaliji I am not your servant that you order around. I refused to help you in arrangements as it was you who took the responsibility and was simply sitting in sofa gossiping while you wanted me to arrange things. I and jiji prepared the things which Nani craved as it is her birthday not your's. Then I didn't snatch anything, Arnavji made me wear that as my mother in laws blessing for our relationship and last I refused to serve your guest as that was not my job ".

"He gave you those because he think he loves you but you don't deserve them. People like you don't deserve to wear something precious as that. Tell me frankly, did you both sister planed this whole trapping Raizadas boys .Who taught you all these tricks? Is it your mother sitting there and enjoying or the one who died out of shame for having a daughter like you?"

"How dare you? "Khushi was about to slap Anjali when a hand held her's with a loud "KHUSHI" being called.