•tryouts•

It was 8 in the morning on a Sunday and today was tryouts for the ducks. You weren't overly nervous, Coach T had already assured you that you were already on the roster. You were team captain and everyone adored you.

You showed up to the rink and you immediately saw your best friend Evan. "Hey y/n" he greeted you smiling as we walked to the locker room, "Hey Ev" you replied as we walked into the locker room.

You got ready and headed to the ice first. "Rise and shine y/l/n, how are you?" Coach T yelled from center ice as you stepped on. "I'm good" you reply as you started stretching and shortly after everyone joined you.

"Okay okay first thing we are doing is laps. Remember don't hold back, just skate" coach instructed as you all got ready. He then blew the whistle and you skated away.

You were ahead of everyone but they weren't far behind, except you noticed Evan was falling behind as Coach T kept encouraging him to speed up.

Laps ended and Evan looked nervous and exhausted. Coach then instructed it was time for shootout and that you would be going first.

You hopped off the bench and you skated over to center ice where the puck was laid. You buried your first shot into the net as you heard your parents and other parents on the bleachers clapping. The rest went, a few missed but coach wasn't pleased when Evan missed by a lot.

A hour and a half went by and it was now time for the cuts. He announced almost everyone besides a few, Evan was one of them. You all skated towards the bench to leave until Evan got mad.

You turned around to watch but your parents yelled for you to get to the locker room. You and Evan went to school together so you just figured you would ask him tomorrow.