Part 6: A Light From The Shadows Shall Spring

I heard a thousand times, a saying that leads me from the heart. 

The first time I heard, it was like a path from God, heaven's own clouds cast down to line destiny's path

What I heard? When all hope is lost, follow the light. For in the darkest of nights, there will always be a star, no matter how far, which will shine in the right direction. God's gift, so that you may follow destiny's path, no matter where you are.

From the deep darkness of a thousand empty words, thrown from a soul that no longer feels any guilt. From this abyss a soul shall rise, holding a lantern high, on high.

Carrying with care and pride, a cacophony of stars. But only one, held in the heart, one in a million of a thousand blinding stars; one not as bright as its brothers and sisters, but twice as brave as every one. Unwanted, but it knows that one cannot be accepted when you were not meant to belong.

I heard, a thousand times, this saying. It leads me from the heart, holds true with every heaving breath this Earth takes. Spewing heavy, darkening words into the villages spread across its carpet of grass.

The Earth's core rattles. Unstable, from warfare and bloodshed. Unable to hold itself together, tearing its soul apart between two places.

But when all seems lost, follow the saying. For stars do not die for or because the death of a meaningless planet. Our death, and Earth's, is but a droplet of rain, amidst thousands, in the soft drizzle in the Universe.

So when all hope is lost, follow the light.

For even in the darkest of nights, when all seems lost and it is too dark to tell apart nightmares from flashlights, comrades from enemies; a light from the shadows shall spring, and lead you towards victory.