Chapter 1

.....
Donella Valentini....

I sat staring at the whiskey on my drinks table.My mother walked in,"Ma Bella?"

"Yes mama?"

"Are you going to see her today?"

"Yes...I..I'll be done now"

She watched me intently,I looked at her,her face softened and my armour just fell away.I looked at her all my fear and worry bubbling up.

"She will be fine"

I nodded and stood up walking to the door,my mother moved aside and let me go.I walked down the stairs and to my waiting limousine.

I was taken to the hospital.

She was almost taken from me..I know who shot my wife.I need to find out who ordered this person to do it and then I need to kill it.

I have never been that scared in my entire life than when I thought my wife was going to die in my arms.I would have burned the whole world to the ground if that were to happen.

My mother thought I was far too closed off about it.But I couldn't talk about it..not yet,not when the wound had barely had time to scab over.

Arriving at the hospital shot a pang of pain threw my heart knowing my angel was here.Because of me..my wife is hurt.

I walked into the hospital and to her room,she looked to me.I smiled,she had been asleep for two weeks.

In and out at times.

"My beautiful angel"

I walked to her and sat down,she smiled tears in her eyes.I kissed her softly,she smiled sleepily,"Hi baby"she whispered.

"Hello my angel"

She looked at me and rubbed her eyes,"I'm feeling better"

"You're looking better"

She smiled and looked at me,I couldn't stop remembering how she could have died in my arms because of some idiot with a grudge.

"My beautiful angel..I am so sorry"I whispered.

She shook her head and held my cheeks,"Don't apologise..I'm sorry for ruining our wedding"

"You didn't"

She looked at me and giggled,I giggled and looked at the roses."When can I go home?"she asked fiddling with my hands.

I looked at her,"Soon I hope"

She sighed in frustration and looked out the window,I smiled and kissed her cheeks,she didn't do anything.

I continued until she giggled and hugged me close.
"I know you want to come home..I want you home but I need to ask the doctor"

"Then let's ask him!I can move around okay..I mean it hurts yeah but I can move"

I nodded and sent one of my guards to find her doctor."My angel..can I get you anything to eat?"

"Some cake?"

I smiled,"How about some real food?"

"Can we eat when we get home?"

"Of coarse"

Her doctor walked in and smiled shaking our hands,"Good morning,I see you're doing better?"

My angel nodded,"Much better can I go home?"

"Of coarse let me get your discharge papers and your medication"