3

Syd's POV

I woke up for school about an hour early. I sat in my bed and stared at the wall trying to figure what happened yesterday. Was he trying to kiss me? Or was he just being nice? He grabbed my waist though and that look does not scream I want to be your friend. This can't happen. I don't feel this way for Damon. Yes, he is gorgeous and funny but I've never thought of him in that way before. Hopefully, It's not too awkward. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, got dressed and headed downstairs. Stefan and Elena were sitting at the table. Elena grabbed me breakfast and threw it at my face. My fast reflexes grabbed it before it splattered over my face. She was in a mood... again.

"Good morning to you too sis.", I said sarcastically.

"Hurry up we're going to be late, again", she rolled her eyes at me before walking out the door. Stefan winked at me as he followed her. I just rolled my eyes and followed them. I wonder where Damon is? No. Just stop thinking about him. Right as I was about to leave a gush of wind whooshed around me and I jumped back seeing Damon standing right in front of me.

"Really Damon. I'm gonna be late to school get out of the way.", I say as boldly as I could. He kept staring at me before slowly moving out the way. He had a huge smirk on his face that made me really mad. I turned around to say something to him but he had already slammed the door shut. What the fuck is up with him?

-----

Elena's POV

We get to school and Stefan runs off to go somewhere, I don't know where. Jeremy went to stay at Matt's so Syd and I went up to them to say hi. I caught a glimpse of my twin's face and she seemed nervous and stressed out. She caught me looking and before I could say anything she sped walk to Matt and Jeremy. Hiding her feelings, again.

"Hey Jer, how was Matt's? Didn't give you a hard time did he?", Syd teased. Matt shoved her arm and me and Jeremy just laughed.

"Nah he was good. How's the Salvatore's? Can't imagine how that's going.", he responds.

"It's actually going well so far. No surprise visits from Mr. original."

"Good, I'm glad."

Syd and I met up with Care and Bonnie and told them to come to the Salvatore's after school to talk about the Elijah situation.

"He just randomly showed up to your house?", Bonnie asks.

"Ya that seems a bit wei-", Caroline starts but is cut off by the bell. We nod and walk to class.

Syd's POV

During class, I got up to go to the bathroom. The halls were empty and it sounded... too quiet. I looked around before trying to run into the bathroom. But I was stopped as I collided into a hard chest. I knew it had to be a vampire because of how fast it came into my face. I look up and see the same man that Stefan and Elena described earlier. He must be Elijah.

"Uh, I- excuse me your kind of in my way?" I say annoyed as my head rings from the pressure.

"Hmm, not as friendly as your sweet sister Elena. Bolder", he paused. "Although, I was not aware that you were twins and that you are also a doppelgänger. That is quite fascinating. Your both human?", He asks. What is he doing at my school?

"Ya, I'm human. I heard Elena let you into the house. Hope you're not planning on killing us in our sleep.", I smile. He chuckles.

"I already made it clear to Elena that my inten-", I cut him off.

"Intention is not to kill us, ya I'm aware. But isn't that what all vampires say?"

"Smart girl. But what makes you think I'm like all other vampires.", he challenges me.