004

OCTOBER 31, 19967:30 am

OCTOBER 31, 1996
7:30 am

new city. new home. new school. being shy certainly didn't help the situation either, but your mom kept reassuring you that'd you would come home being friends with the whole class.

"do i really have to?" you asked your mom as y'all walked hand in hand to the school's front gates, stepping on multicolored leaves on the way.

she leaned down and gave you her award winning smile, adjusting your uniform and fluffing up your cherry red curls. "yes baby. if anything happens, let your teacher know and she'll call me okay? i'm only right around the corner." your mom was a sorcerer, a very talented one at that. she was one of the greatest in her time; she now works as a teacher at the jujutsu technical school in tokyo.

today was your 7th birthday, and of all days this was the day you had to start at your new school. this particular school was for kids who can see curses, or kids belonging to one of the 3 families who would eventually see curses. you began seeing curses last year, so your mom decided to enroll you into a new school to hone in on your abilities.

"i love you sweetheart. be good, and remember what i told you?"

"having strength don't make you strong, it's all about what you do with that strength." you repeated the words your mom told you all the time before telling her you loved her too and engulfing her into a big ol hug.

your mom waved as you walked into the school along with a few other kids, seeing your teacher standing in the doorway of a classroom a few feet away from the school doors with a wide smile on her face.

"well hello y/n! why don't you come in!" she moved to the side so that you could walk in.

you looked around the classroom and stood by a random table near her desk, looking around at the colorful classroom. the class was small, only about 6 kids. 3 of them were on the carpet playing with toys or looking at picture books, 2 were at a big circle table coloring. there was one kid who was off by himself in the corner looking for something but you couldn't tell what. his hair was what caught your eye first.

'his hair is... white?' you thought to yourself. your new classmate made you curious, so you decided that you were gonna befriend him.

"alright class, we have a new student. come to the carpet for circle time so we can introduce each other to our new friend!" she said as she closed the door.

everyone waltzed over to the carpet and sat crisscross in a circle, you sat next to the teacher for comfort and the white haired boy ended up sitting next to you.

"we'll share our names, a fun fact, your favorite color and your favorite animal. why don't you go first, birthday girl?" your teacher asked with a smile as she looked down at you.