2. 15. Weekend

It's the weekend. To say I'm tired would be an understatement. All I want to do is relax but apparently I can't.

Ever since mom heard the news from that tabloid blowing up places with mine and Justine's affair, she has pulled everything to a halt. Just to nag me.

Yup.

I'm officially fucked.

Although the PR is handling the situation now, mom's being her own investigative self. Trying to pry me to tell her stuff. What kind, I honestly don't know myself.

Having lost her patience with me, she has now dragged me to Justine's on a Saturday evening for dinner.

So here I'm, with my mother. Another gift in my hand for little Cole and a packet of Justine's favorite chocolates. Mom brought her best wine because apparently a gossip session was in the schedule.

I roll my eyes at her wide smiling face. Her excitement is almost unbearable in the elevator upto Justine's. So much so, I'm a little concerned her face might breakout or something.

"Mom, can you not please?", I grumble as we exit the elevator, reaching Justine's floor.

"What? You can play the field and I can't even know about it, you're sucha bore", she grumbles at me.

I have to stop myself from gaping at her.

"What is wrong with you?", I call out from behind her.

But she's already moved into the penthouse, completely ignoring me. Avoiding looking like a fool in the foyer, I follow her inside. To be greeted by the sight of her hugging Justine.

As soon as Justine spots me, she mouths a 'what is wrong with her?' behind mom's back at me.

I shrug my shoulders in response. Letting her deal with it on her own.

Cole comes barging into the room like always. Spotting a toy in my hand, he immediately leaps towards me, squealing in delight. I bent down just in time to catch him.

Laughing at his enthusiasm, I hand him the box and watch his eyes in complete awe of the new present for him.

"You didn't", A gasp from across the room is heard as Justine comes at us trying her best frown but failing.

"Jason, you shouldn't have. You practically gave him one a few days ago", she says, disapprovingly.

"That's not what I recall", I pretend to remember the last time.

She narrows her eyes at me.

"Cole, thank uncle Jason", she turns to the little devil in my arms, who looks at her with a sheepish smile.

"Thank you, uncle Jason", he says before surprisingly hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Your welcome, buddy", I tell him and ruffle his hair with my free hand.

He shrieks at me, giggling and wiggles out of my grip only to run away, probably his room.

My eyes follow him out of the room. When I pull back, I catch Justine shaking her head at me, a slight smile on her lips.

"What?", I ask her innocently.

She groans before turning away from me.

"Ugh, men", my mom rolls her eyes at me.

"Tell me about it", Justine says in a 'duh' tone.

And I'm already feeling outnumbered.

"You know what, you guys take these and I'll go hang with my buddy Cole because he's way cooler than you guys", I hand the chocolates over and stick my tongue out for extra effect.