4

Elijah's POV

I fluttered my eyes opened feeling weak. I had a feeling who had done this but I wasn't exactly sure. How would Niklaus find these doppelgangers only two days after I found out? That's not possible. Although by the sudden appearance of my hybrid brother in front of me... I guess it is possible.

"Elijah, my big brother ", Niklaus says, his thick accent aggravating me. "It's been quite a while hasn't it?"

"Niklaus... wh-what have you done to me? where am I? I say trying to regain my strength. I look around and see I'm in this extraordinarily big house with two sets of stairs whipping around in a half-circle to the next floor.

"Oh Elijah, no need to fuss I just wanted to reunite with my big brother." He says smirking at me. "I'm also aware that there is not one, but two Petrova doppelgangers living in Mystic Falls. So obviously it's mandatory for me to scope them out myself." He bends down and looks at me straight in the eye. "But seeing that you are already here, you must have already known... hmm?" I just look down breaking eye contact. "Ah yes, I should have known my noble brother Elijah would come to Mystic Falls before me and warn the poor girls that the big bad wolf is coming. Fine, be that way." He says tapping my shoulder and walking out of the room. But before he leaves he turns his head back to me. "By the way, I killed the previous owner of this house... so it's ours now. Do you like it?" He smirks at me again before leaving without waiting for my answer. He's going to try to break the curse.

-----

Syd's POV

"Matt! Coke for me and Elena please!" He nodded and poured our drinks. I looked around the Grill for Damon and Stefan who were supposed to be meeting us here. "Hey, Matt have you seen Damon or Stefan at all today?"

"Nope. You two and Caroline were the only people I knew that came in today." I noticed Matt sigh when he said Caroline's name. They broke up pretty recently after Caroline became a vampire and Matt was fine with that. But then Care got with Tyler. Matt told Elena, who told me that he felt betrayed and sad. I get where he's coming from, but she moved on... he's gonna have to get over that. I'm interrupted from my thought when I feel two big hands press up against my eyes.

"Guess who?", Damon said in a high voice trying to disguise who he was. I chuckled.

"Can't be Damon he bailed on our lunch date, and his voice is definitely not that high", I teased knowing he was going to get annoyed. He removed his hands and turned my head to his face by putting his hands on my cheeks.

"We wouldn't bail Sydney, and were late because Stefan was too busy catching a bunny isn't that right Stef?" He teases. Stefan just glares at him and rolls his eyes.

"Enough Damon. We need to figure out how to deal with this original problem. Elijah did mention that his brother Klaus may be coming once he hears about you, doppelgangers. And if he does that might be an issue", Stefan explains.

"What would Klaus need us for?" Elena chimes in. I can only think of one thing.

"Our blood", I say with a defeated look on my face. "What could we possibly do if Klaus does come to Mystic Falls it's not like we can stop him". I know I'm right because if the legends true, Klaus is the deadliest creature to walk this earth.

"We can figure out a way to kill him", Damon says unconvincingly. "There has to be a loophole, a way to kill an original there always is". Elena looks at Damon with an annoyed stare.

"If there is then we probably won't be able to find it, and if we did there so much stronger than you guys... so they would just kill you" Elena's right. Unless we can get someone with nearly close to the amount of strength Klaus probably has, there's no way to defeat him. "We should stop worrying about it, he's not here right now and he might never come!" Elena sings.