~Chapter 1~

before we start, this is the same AU of my last story, except that gon gets there first instead of killua. enjoy!

Gon blinked a couple times, before sitting up. "hello?" he called, examining the alleyway he had fallen in. Gon had no idea where he was but at least it was a new place to explore! He quickly got to his feet and decided to jump into the roof, almost hitting someone who looked like a homeless man? He waved, "hi! I'm Gon, who are you?" the man looked startled for some reason. "uhh, I'm eraserhead?" Gon tilted his head, "like a pencil?" the man facepalmed and then grabbed his arm. "yeah you're not where your supposed to be, come with me kid." Gon was about to follow him when a certain white haired boy came to mind. "wait! Killua said not to follow strangers"

Eraserhead thought for a moment. "who is Killua?" the energetic young boy reminded him of a puppy. "Killua's my best friend in the whole world! Wait were is Killua?" Gon looked around for a few seconds before muttering, "last time I saw him he was stuffing his face with choco-robos" Eraser sighed, letting go of the boy's arm. "well, were are you from?" he raised his hand eagerly. "oh that one's easy! I live on whale island with my aunt mito!" he waited a few seconds before asking, "what about your parents?" the boy shrugged, "well I hadn't met my dad till a few days ago because he wanted to go exploring instead of being chained to one spot, and I never knew my mum"

He smelled an odd scent that smelled like.. Well he didn't know what it smelled like but it was interesting. "ooh what's that smell?" he bounced off in a direction with the adult closely following him. "wait I smell blood, that sounds interesting!" it also reminded him of Killua so he kept going. For some reason the adult seemed very alarmed though. Eh it didn't matter, Gon tracked the scent into an alleyway to see two people facing off. "oh crap who should I help?" he rubbed his head for a moment before coming to a decision.

Before eraser could stop him, the strange boy had tried to get himself involved in a battle between a villain and a pro hero. He was about to rush in to save the kid when both the hero and villain where knocked out swiftly by him. He dragged both of them over to him and looked kind of worried. "well, I didn't know which one was the bad guy so I got them both, maybe you can tell? Killua says I'm not very smart and I'm starting to think he's right" this kid's incredible, I should tell him about the UA entrance exam and see how he reacts.

"how would you feel about taking the UA entrance exam?" he saw the boy's eyes brighten. "exam? So like it's supposed to be hard?" he nodded slowly, "yeah, only about 3 out of a hundred make it-" Gon jumped excitedly, "wow that's so low! I'll try it!" what the hell? Why does he like the low pass rate? Gon coughed to get his attention again and as he looked over at Gon, he gave him a sheepish grin. "I'm sorry but uh, what do I get from passing this exam? Please try to understand I'm not that smart when it comes to figuring things out but Killua says I have great street smarts"

Somehow a few months later he had an adorable green haired boy living at his house because he had nowhere to go. He's so goddamn annoying but he has so much promise. Eraserhead decided to take him out for a walk before it was time to go to school. I feel like a babysitter "hey kid, just wait here until the exams start ok?" Gon did as he was told while Eraserhead called in to Pres. Mic before the exams started. "hey uhh I was just wondering if you could watch for a kid with spikey green hair and honey brown eyes? If he makes it in I want him in my class."

He was almost asked to leave the written exam because of the amount of steam pouring out of his ears. None of this makes sense to me, I just have to score really high on the practical exam! Gon smiled, yeah that was it, he would get an extraordinary high rank! He'd try his best without holding back too much! Gon stood excitedly in front of the door, as soon as it opened he bolted for the first robot he saw, only kicking it first just to see how it would react without nen. The thing downright shattered. Well that was easy! He ran around kicking robots when he heard birds chirping. "huh?" he followed the noise to see this rock looking guy control the birds!

"that's so cool!" Gon cried and he jumped slightly, than looked around as if confused. "I'm good with animals but controlling them is even cooler! Welp bye!" he hopped like a frog, from the roof and to the robots, crushing them when he came down, before jumping again on a different one. Occasionally he found someone injured or in need of help, so when he did Gon either patched them up and kept going, or he lifted up rocks so people could escape. He figured that he wouldn't count points because if he tried to keep track of all the numbers in his head he would start to steam.

Gon heard a huge crash as an absolutely enormous robot crashed its way towards a group of people. They were to terrified to move. They're going to get hit! I should draw the robot's attention. Gon slammed his fist into the ground and picked up a few rocks. He started to chuck them at the robot so it turned in his direction. Gon then lept up a couple times "come and get me you huge pile of metal!" he shouted. The robot started in his direction, and he cheered, clapping a bit. Gon had a plan, it was one of those plans that Killua called dumb, but he wanted to see how strong the robots were.

Eraserhead gasped, "what the hell is he doing?" Gon was drawing the robots attention and just standing there! Midnight looked confused, "since when do you care about examinees?" Eraserhead sighed, "well that one right there" he pointed to the green haired idiot. "is an absolute idiot and he's currently living at my house because he can't find his own." everybody looked at him "why the hell is he here than?" Midnight cried, starting to worry for the boy. "well he's apparently got super good smell and he's fast" he mumbled a bit, not really wanting to admit his capabilities.

A few pros yelled in alarm when the boy made no move to dodge as the 0 pointer tried to hit him. Why though? I know he has a plan but what is it? Midnight suddenly jumped to her feet. "guys! He's standing on its hand!" everybody looked and sure enough there was the cheerful little idiot, he had very little injuries but he did have a few. Then they watched in awe as he started bouncing around to dodge it's attacks when it tried to hit him. "your right, he's really fast" ersaerhead snorted, "yeah but he's a complete idiot! He actually admitted it to me without a care in the world" he couldn't help smiling a bit. Your starting to grow on me Gon.

Kota was amazed as he watched the little boy bounce around the huge robot. How does he do that? Is it his quirk or does he just jump high? Kota knew he should be getting points but he couldn't help but watch. He also noticed that a few others had also stopped to watch him. And he's so nice too, he probably has a lot of rescue points based on his personality. He wished that he could be brave enough to speak freely. I'll tell him my name though, he deserves it I think. Kota's eyes widened as there was a sudden announcement for one minute left. But then he heard it. "JAN! KEN! GUU!"

Gon shouted as he used his Jajanken, he probably should have kept his special move to himself but he couldn't help it! He wanted to show off just a bit. As he landed on its metal corpse he turned and waved to all the people watching him, making sure to smile his best smile. "TIMES UP!" the loud man shouted and Gon lept over to where that quiet bird dude was. "hi!" he said, still smiling. He looked like he was about to speak when he looked away. "oh your shy, that's ok you don't have to talk!" he looked at Gon in confusion as they started to walk out. "anyways I'm Gon!" he held out a hand and the shy rock timidly took it. "Kota" he whispered. "remember, you don't have to talk to me just do it when you're comfortable alright?" Kota nodded, slightly smiling. "bye Kota!" he shouted, as he made his way outside. 

1538 words

hello again! this is my second writing that I've published so far. I'm going to update this one slower I think, because I don't have as many chapters written yet. I wanted to post this as a thanks for the 22 views and 7 votes I got within the second day of release! just so you know I post when the next chapters of each story come out on my wall as an announcement so if anyone wants to get reminded you should follow! have a nice day! :3