~Chapter 5~

Jiro was the only one who noticed the young boy leave, so she plugged an ear into the wall to listen. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard crying. "is that even right? Is it worth it?" she thought back to the words he had said for Midoria's benefit. Does he not believe his own words? He was so happy a few moments ago- then it hit her. He was talking about sacrifice. 'is that even right?' 'is it worth it?' Jiro stifled a gasp. Did he loose someone close to him because of a sacrifice? Like maybe his parents were heroes or something? She sighed, before walking over to Allmight. "hey uh, Gon went outside for some fresh air so I'm gonna go get him alright?" Allmight nodded so she quickly walked over to the door and opened it, as she did so she heard sniffling and a quiet gasp. "J-Jiro! What are you doing out here?" he said brightly, but she could see it was fake. A happy Gon gives off good vibes, I don't sense any here. Jiro walked over and sat next to him. "I don't understand what made you so upset, but I'm here to talk about it if you want?" she wasn't good at comforting people but she felt like she should at least try to help.

Gon's smile faded as he let the tears flow again. "you wouldn't understand" he sobbed, turning away from her. "the only person who would understand is Killua, but it's been years" he whimpered, suddenly taken over by thoughts about him. "what if he was forced back home? What if he-" Gon felt Jiro gently move his head into her lap. "it's ok to cry" she said softly as she ran her hands through his hair. "I'm sorry for bothering you it's just-" he stopped talking to breathe for a few seconds. "it just reminded me of a few people" he wasn't going to explain any more, at least not yet. He didn't want his classmates to worry about him. A few minutes later he ran out of tears. Gon leapt up, then gave Jiro a hug as she stood up too. "thanks, I needed that" Jiro nodded, a soft smile on her face. Gon then all of a sudden felt really cold. He shivered, for once wishing that his outfit was a bit more resistant to the elements. "i-I t-t-think t-Todoroki went a l-little overboard"

Next it was Gon and Jiro, Vs Sato (sugar guy) and Kota. Gon frowned a bit at the matchups. "aw man, I don't wanna have to fight Kota" Jiro gave him a confused look. "why?" Gon pouted. "I met him at the entrance exams, he can talk to animals! He's super shy though" Gon and Jiro were the heroes, so they were outside of the building at the moment. "I can use my sound to drive the animals away" she offered, pointing to her shoes. "and I can take on the Sato guy, perfect!" they grinned at each other, "perfect, ya know I'm starting to like you little frog" Gon giggled. "BEGIN!"

Gon waited as Jiro scouted the building. "3rd floor, 2nd room on the right" Gon nodded, than used Zetsu to slip through the hallways without a sound. 2nd room on the right... he listened for a few moments with his eyes closed, and noticed they seemed to be protecting something in the back of the room. Gon suddenly got another crazy idea and activated Zetsu again, running to the room above. If I time it right I can end this without fighting anyone! He slipped out the window and held on for a few seconds, breathing. 3 2 1 go! Gon swung downwards and forwards into the room underneath from the outside. He smashed through the wall and bounced once, landing neatly on top of the bomb. Both males turned around in shock. "HERO TEAM WINS!" he stuck his tongue out in victory.

As soon as he entered the room he was scolded. "you can't be that reckless!" and "what if you fell?" and "do you even care about your own safety?" and "why would you jump out the window?" he frowned, before stomping his foot on the ground to get them all to shut up. "I was fine!" he snapped. "I knew where the bomb was and the only way to get a sneak attack was to go through the window." somebody asked if he cared for his own safety again. "honestly, I didn't even think about that." he said, rubbing his head. "even if I broke a few bone's I'd heal in a few weeks" that quieted most of them down. "don't you mean a few months?" the frog girl, Tsu asked. "actually one time I broke multiple bones and got a few fractures that was supposed to heal in 4 months but it only took one." he pointed out, causing more confused murmurs to go around.

Gon was exhausted by the time school was over. He and Jiro were walking out of the school when she asked something unexpected. "can I come over to your house?" what do I say to that? He scratched the back of his head. "well uhm" he saw Jiro staring at him. "well, I'm not supposed to tell anybody this" he started. "but I kind of woke up in an alleyway a few weeks ago? Eraserhead kind of found me and let me stay at his apartment" Jiro had a slightly worried expression. "wait you live with our homeroom teacher?" Gon shook his head. "actually I didn't like his apartment so I asked him if I could sleep outside and he said yes" Jiro squinted at him. "so where do you live?" Gon grabbed her hand and dragged her over to his tree cluster. He leapt up into the tree and held out an arm for her. She hesitantly grabbed it and he hauled her into the cluster of branches that held his bed.

Jiro felt kind of sorry for Gon, she was kind of worried that he lived outside. That worry turned into interest when she saw were he had set up. "did you do this by yourself?" she patted the mattress she was sitting on. Gon beamed at her, "yeah! I did it with a knife, a blanket, and of course the mattress" Jiro's mouth gaped. He had no help at all? What about food? Jiro noticed there was a small campfire a few meters away from the base of the tree. "what do you eat?" she asked curiously. Gon took out his fishing rod and became really still. Jiro copied him, unsure of what he was doing. There's no water here to fish in though- she gasped as he flew the rod out and it wrapped a bird, Gon pulled it in and waved it at her. "when I was practicing with my fishing rod I noticed that the best time to strike, was when your prey strikes for its own prey!"

Jiro was in awe, this boy just kept surprising her! "is there any other tricks you have up your sleeve?" Gon thought for a moment, "oh yeah! I have a really good sense of smell! One time I followed my friend's cologne through a forest" Jiro giggled a bit, "you really are something" Jiro remembered something she had been dying to ask about for a while. "oh, I notice that you keep talking about someone named 'Killua', I was wondering who they were?" Gon's smile grew wider and he got this dreamy look on his face. Wait, does Gon have a crush on this person? "Killua's my best friend!" he dug through his backpack and pulled out a few pictures.

 Wait, does Gon have a crush on this person? "Killua's my best friend!" he dug through his backpack and pulled out a few pictures

Jiro's face scrunched up at how cute he was. Oh my god look at his face! "he's so adorable!" Gon nodded. "yeah, those were taken over two years ago though" she looked over to see his smile fade a little, it was more of a wistful smile. "what's his quirk?" she asked, changing the subject. "well, he can create blue electricity" she pointed to the yellow robots, "what are those things?" she saw Gon's smile brighten again, "those are Chocolate robots! Their his favorite candy, you can't find them here though" he pointed to the picture of Killua on a skateboard. "when I first met Killua we were twelve, he was riding on that skateboard" Jiro nodded, he looked like he had much experience by the way he stood. Gon pointed to the yoyo's on another picture. "those yoyo's are really heavy, Killua says that they weigh 40 kilograms-" Jiro gasped, "how does he carry those?!" Gon grinned proudly, "yeah, Killua's even stronger than I am!"

They talked for a couple hours when Gon put his photos back in his backpack, then looked at the sky. "hey Jiro, shouldn't you be heading home soon? It's getting late" Jiro shook her head, "my parents agreed to let me stay over at a friend's house today" Gon tilted his head. "you mean you want to sleep outside with me?" he saw Jiro shrug. "I mean why not?" he looked around to find a cluster of tree branches that were comfortable. As soon as he saw one, he scrambled over and laid back, looking at the stars. "I know Killua's going to come for me one day, all I have to do is wait" he sighed, then closed his eyes.

1594 words

To be continued...

Just a disclaimer, Jiro X Gon is NOT a ship here! I  imagine them having a more sibling relationship, this is Killugon only!