Chapter 6

A.N: chapter six.

Dahlia POV:

The next day at dinner. I got out of my chair and walk to Dumbledore.

"Could I say something to the students please?" I ask leaning down to him.

"Of course," he replies with a raised eyebrow so I send him a reassuring smile. He stands and we walk to the front of the table and Fred joins me. When he has everyone's attention and they quietened down. "Professor Peverell wants to say something to you all," he announces.

"As you may or may not be aware my husband often helps me with my older classes or if I can't take a class. But that is going to change later in the school year," I begin. Some people start to murmur wondering what was going on or even if we are leaving. "I wasn't in lessons today or in the great hall for the other meals. I have been ill the last week and finally went to see Madame Pomfrey. It seems after December I won't be able to do any magic so Fred will be taking over the practical part of the lesson with me instructing," I explain. The pupils seem to be confused as to why. "It turns out in April we are going to have a baby and I am not allowed to do magic so the baby can grow properly," I finish. The pupils are then talking loudly and some of the girls may have squealed at the news.

"Yes, yes, this is very exciting. Now, I am going to be doing a lot of the teaching but Dahlia will still be in the class unless she has to do something with the baby," Fred explains beaming with happiness.

"We thought we should tell the school, as it was important you know. And when the baby does come I will be back in class as soon as I can," I tell them. Magical pregnancies are amazing, due to potions women feel better in days not months. As long as I don't overwork myself I will be fine.

"Congratulations," Dumbledore says to us as the school are all talking.

"Thank you," I smile.

"Well, after that exciting news I believe it is the end of dinner," Dumbledore tells the hall. The students soon began to walk to their rooms. Fred and I are congratulated by the other staff members and some students even come up to offer their congratulations. When we can Fred and I escape back to our rooms.

When we get back we collapse on the sofa, "Well, that went well."

"Yeah, but it wasn't going to go awfully no matter what," I shrug.

"Why don't you go have a bath and then we can go to bed early," he suggests, he is already very protective. I will probably get annoyed down the line due to hormones but for now I will enjoy it.

"That sounds nice," I smile before kissing his cheek and went into the bathroom.

~~~

The next morning I have to rush to the bathroom to be sick. I feel Fred come up behind me and rub my back. "Will you be okay to come to lessons today?" he asks. I nod before wiping my mouth and cleaning my teeth. "Fine, but if you feel bad at any point then you tell me," he orders.

"Okay, but I will be fine, Poppy gave me some things to help," I tell him. I show him all the potions and give him the list of things I need to stay away from that Poppy gave me. That seems to relieve him a bit and we get ready for the day. At breakfast, I am still not feeling great so I don't eat much. We have the seventh years this morning first lesson. I know the lesson won't go like a normal lesson so when I get there I decided to get comfortable and conjure an armchair up, it is big enough that Fred can sit next to me. It is more a love seat. When they come into the room I stop my conversation with Fred and smiled at them.

"Well, as I said yesterday I am not going to be doing magic after December, but I can't do strenuous magic until then either. So I can't place you under the imperius anymore. So we are going to start on our next topic," I tell them.

"Dahlia you can't actually expect us to get on with work after you told us you are pregnant," Marlene says shocked.

I smirk and relent, "Well, maybe after a few questions but yes."

"What are you having?" A few people call out.

"We don't know yet because I'm not that far along. There really isn't anything to tell you," I chuckle. After a few more questions, I even got a few from the Slytherine's, we get to work. I start with the theory today as we can then focus on the fun stuff next time.

"Right, homework is to finish your notes on patronuses if you didn't in the lesson. Add extra if you would like I can recommend some books if needed Next class, we will begin the process," I tell them as they leave.

"Mr Black, Mr Potter if you could stay behind," Fred calls out causing me to frown in confusion. The boys look equally as confused but came over to the desk,

"Yes, Fred?" Sirius asks.

"The prank you are planning to pull I wouldn't wait I would do it now as Minnie is in a good mood as she learnt we are expecting so the punishment won't be as bad," he tells them smirking. They let out breaths.

"I thought you were going to tell us off for planning it in class instead of paying attention," James admits sheepishly.

"If he did he would be a hypocrite," I snort. "I mean the number of times they had to copy their friend's notes. It is a wonder they passed any exams at all," I say rolling my eyes.

"Right, well thanks for the advice Fred," Sirius says grinning.

"No problem. I was the same," he shrugs.

"Yeah, and congratulations on the baby," James tells us smiling.

"Thanks. I'm so excited," I grin.

"So you know how we are your favourites. Wanna make us Godfathers by any chance?" Sirius asks casually.

"Sorry but I'm not allowed to have favourites. Even so, this baby will have five uncles and an aunt all wanting to be one and that is just Fred's actual blood siblings never mind our honorary brother and sisters," I joke.

"Wow, that's a lot of family to get to like you. Must have been hard going for dinner when you met them," James laughed.

"No, I was friends with his younger brother. When they found out all of his brothers threatened him not to hurt me. Fred felt quite annoyed they didn't say anything to me," I laugh.

"Yeah, even Gin told me not to in her own way," he tells us with a shudder.

"Right! Well on that fearful note. I have classes to teach on you boys have either got lessons or pranking plans that you need to get to. Go on," I say shooing them off. As soon as they leave a class of third years to come in. "Today we are going to be doing Boggarts. Fred will do the demonstration as my fear is not suitable for the classroom. As it is a dementor. Now books away wand out," I tell them.