𝐎𝐍𝐄

"Good morning, detective!" A women cheered as the well-known detective opened the door to his office

"Good morning, detective!" A women cheered as the well-known detective opened the door to his office. He politely nodded his head as he hung his coat around his leather chair. It was the beginning of winter and snow was fluttering down, it was wonderful sight to see in the morning.

Well, that is for everyone else. (M/N) was not happy with the weather, he did not plan to see piles of snow stacked upon one another. He hadn't even been prepared, (M/N) was too busy too care about what the weather would be like the following day.

But, he shouldn't complain about his hectic morning, he had to get to work with the uprising murder cases that have been going on in the popular city of Japan.

Tokyo was known for it's amazing street foods, and bars, there would be loads of people crowded around the streets even if it was late at night. That's how popular the city of Tokyo was.

But, with the many murder incidents happening in that very city, citizens were warned not to go out late, and with the usual crowds it would be worse. It'd be easy to kill someone in a crowded area.

(M/N) tapped his chin, as he put on his reading glasses. He would have to look through lots of papers today.

"Uh.. Sir.." The lady from before spoke up. His gaze lifted up as his looked at her with a questioning expression.

"You see... The boss wants to see you." She informs. (M/N) let out a heavy sigh, though he could not go against the boss's orders. "Call him and say I'll be down there in a second." He mutters, placing his glasses down on his organized desk.

He lifted up from his seat, putting his hands in his pockets. "I'll be leaving then." He says, as he left to go see what his boss wanted from him.

------

The boss's eyes widened as he spotted the (h/c)-haired male. He waved him over, a grin etched on his face.

"Good morning, boss." (M/N) greeted, as he sat across the older male. "Good morning to you too. How are the cases going?" The boss questioned straight away. "I still need time. You put a load on me. I do think I'm getting somewhere though." He answered honestly.

"Good, good. I have another case for you.." Akifumi guiltily declared, his fingers scratching the side of his face. (M/N) stared blankly at his boss, he then exhaled and weaved his fingers through his hair. "I can't keep on getting all these cases, sir. You know that I already have 2 cases to deal with, adding another case would be a bit much for me.." (M/N) reasonably explained.

"Yes, yes. It would be.. That's why I got someone to help!" Akifumi cheered, clasping his hands together. He sure was care-free.

"I don't need partners..." (M/N) grumbled, he liked to work alone rather than with someone else. He didn't trust anyone but himself in other words.

"W-well.. not a partner exactly, more like a eyewitness. He said that he would love to help you out." (M/N)'s eyes twitched, 'this old man..'

"Just explain to me what this case is about." (M/N) said, already exhausted with the day. His boss's voice turned more serious, as his voice lowered down a bit. "Well.. this case also happened in Tokyo, there was a murdering inside of a bar. This bar is known for criminal activities, but nothing like a killing has happened inside of that bar before. Plus, the one that was killed was Lee Hi-No."

(M/N) felt a shiver run down his spine. Lee Hi-No?? There was no way that someone killed that man so easily. He was a powerful Korean man that worked in the black market from time to time. It could be possible that someone had seduced him, and that was what led him to his death. Though (M/N) knew, due to his research that, that man was not foolish.

The boss observed (M/N)'s reaction, and he was just as shocked as he was when he had read the case himself. "Moving on.. we both know that Hi-No is not someone who can get assassinated easily, plus he basically owned that bar. He would have reinforcements. So, how did that killer get away with it?"

(M/N) was speechless, these cases were a whole new level for him. First, the drug case. Second, the suicides of innocent people with a healthy life style?? And, now this.

"May I ask one question." (M/N) finally voiced out, although quite shaken up. "Yes, you may."

"If the eyewitness you mentioned was at that bar known for criminal activities. Should we even trust him? He could be a criminal himself!" (M/N) analyzed, thinking about what his boss has said before.

"Your right, but this eyewitness was only there for business. You do know the X-Group, right? That famous business industry. He's one of the sons. The middle child to be exact."

(M/N) still kept a skeptical look on his face, "and what business did he have there?"

"He said that he was there to observe, after all his family owns that district of Tokyo and he was ordered to make sure everything was running smoothly. He also informed me that he would go there once a week."

As a detective, (m/n) was still suspicious of this unknown male. "And, what couldn't they bring a underling to go in check. Why their son?"

"Ah.. you and your suspicions. Apparently they resent him due to him lazing around and not putting effort into anything. That's why there's not much articles about him, and that led them to force him to do something for the better."

"Hm... fine! I'll meet him."(m/n) accepted. Akifumi cheered, "you'll meet him tomorrow morning then."

Akifumi reached for (m/n)'s clasping them together as he had sparkles in his hand. "Thank you for taking this case!"

(M/N) let out a small chuckle, "not like I had a choice..." he muttered, ticked off with his boss.

Akifumi sweat dropped due to the (h/c)-ette's statement.

———

The day had ended slowly, (m/n) had finished noting down and highlighting things in the articles that could be helpful for research.

There were numerous articles, that stated different facts, (m/n) found some that were connected together but he still needed more information.

This was only a smell segment of the case. It didn't help that he had 2 more cases to work on. (M/N) heavily sighed, checking his watch.

It was very late now, the sun having set hours ago. This was the usual routine of his life.

He packed everything up, throwing on his coat and putting necessary things in his suitcase. He headed downstairs, and like always it was quiet.

He headed out of the property, seeing that more snow had piled upon one another.

He suddenly felt alert, his head swishing around as his eyes pierced into an unoccupied area, there was no one around there.

Weird. He swore he felt the eyes of another.