𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Hello, everyone..! I know I said in my announcement that I would post a few chapters. Initially I had three chapters written but I decided to just put it all in one chapter, so this will be one long chapter! It has 3000 words or so, so get ready to read! Enjoy ! ^^

TW: SLIGHT BLOOD AND VIOLENCE -NEAR THE END OF THE CHAPTER-

(Y/N) woke up early in the morning, he was quite nervous to say the least. He could've slept in, as he'd be meeting Akifumi around noon but he chose to wake up at seven in the morning to pick out what to wear, go over things to say, and to make sure his breath didn't stink.

His mother who was already awake, made breakfast for him and stared at him happily. She was very proud of her son upon hearing that he had the chance to get a job.

She remembered seeing his bright smile and excited expression when he announced the news to her and his sister.

As soon as he was finished spouting out the good news, he glanced around the room and asked, "Where's dad?"

She could not help but frown at the question. Her husband had been acting strange these past few months, sometimes he would leave for a couple days and come back without saying a word.

"He's not here." She sighed, (y/n) seemed to frown at the statement but didn't question anything.

Though she decided to push the matter aside and cheer on for her son as today was the day he'd meet Akifumi.

"Are you nervous?" She chuckled, staring at (y/n) from her peripheral vision. "I am. What if I fail and don't get the job?" He asked, biting his nails, a habit he had whenever he was anxious.

"You'll do great, don't think too much about it alright? We know how much this means to you, so you won't fail. You got that?" His mother lectured. (Y/N)'s expression softened, "thanks.."

-time skip-

(Y/n) had arrived at the meeting spot, he stood in front of the building with an expression of anxiousness. He had made sure to arrive early, it was never good to be late.

(Y/n) sighed, and headed inside the cafe.

"Welcome! Is it just you today?" The waitress asked, with a professional smile on her face. "Ah, there will be one more person coming soon." (Y/n) replied with a small smile.

"Alright, right this way." She said, grabbing two menus and directing him to a booth.

"Thank you." (Y/n) said, as he sat down. "No problem, call me over when you're ready to order."

(Y/n) nodded, giving a small smile. Once the waitress had left, he sighed and started to play with his fingers underneath the table.

He really respected the detective and he didn't want to mess up. He lost his train of thought as he began to recite his lines in his head.

Just then, a chime from the front of the cafe alarmed the (h/c)-ette as he turned around to see a 30-year old man with a stubby beard and combed brown hair.

He immediately recognized the figure as Akifumi. He straightened his posture before raising his hand up to gain the older male's attention. He saw the brown haired male look around before noticing (Y/N). He nodded in order to indicate that he saw the young man and headead towards the table.

(Y/N) gulped as the man sat down on the opposite side. "Good morning!" (Y/n) exclaimed, wanting to be the first to greet the superior. "Good morning. (Y/N) (L/N) I presume?" Akifumi asked, holding his hand out in front of his soon-to-be assistant.

"Yes, sir! It is an honor to meet you in person!" (y/n) smiled, grabbing Akifumi's hand with a firm grip. "Thanks, kiddo" he chuckled at the enthusiasm of the youngster. It felt very refreshing to converse with someone young.