The rainbow connection

Happy pride everyone! So, for this month, I'm gonna try and do as many pride-themed oneshots as I can, so regular requests will be put on hold, but, do feel free to leave requests for pride oneshots!

Sophie: 13 years old, just a few months after she came out

The dim, cloudy morning light peeked through the grey curtains, causing Sophie to stir awake. As her eyes fluttered open, she rubbed them with the palms of her hands and rolled to her side, allowing herself to grab her phone off the nightstand and check the time. She scanned the screen, and although she stared straight at the screen, it took a few moments for the date to click in.

It was June first. Pride month had officially started.

Though it may have only been seven in the morning, which was still slightly early for the family who loved to sleep in, Sophie squealed in an extremely high-pitched voice and kicked the covers off her right away. After springing out of bed, Sophie dashed out of her room and into Patrick and David's, jumping on the bed and shaking them awake.

"Daddy! Papa! Guys come on, wake up!

Groans came from the two husbands, who rolled on their sides so that they could both face away from their daughter, who had not stopped shaking them. "Soph, why the fuck are you up so early? Go back to bed,"

"But, Dad, it's June first! Pride month starts today!"

"It'll still be June first at noon, wake us up then," Patrick moaned, burying his face in his pillow.

Sophie laughed, something that made her two fathers' hearts swell. The sound of her giggle, no matter what the situation, could make them smile automatically. "Please? Come on, this means a lot to me! It's my first pride as a member with you guys, not just you two."

Caving into their child's begging and whining, they groaned and sat up, pulling Sophie down into their arms and placing kisses up and down her face while she squirmed and shrieked with joy and amusement.

"Happy pride, lovebug, it's your first one out of the closet!" David cheered, ruffling her soft raven curls.

"Today is going to be perfect! We can eat breakfast, maybe we could check out the pride festival in Elmdale? And-"

"Oh, honey," Patrick interrupted, face falling as a frown spread across his lips, "look outside, it's raining."

And Patrick was right. Sophie's eyes trailed from her father's face to David's, who also had a disappointed smile plastered on his face. She glanced out the window to see rain softly starting to tap on the glass, becoming harder with each passing second.

Dramatically flopping onto the mattress on her back with her arms spread out, she whined and cursed under her breathe, and as they laughed at her childish behavior, they pulled her up and led her downstairs, bribing her with breakfast. Sophie locked her grip onto Patrick's waist as they walked down to the first floor and told her to sit down at the table with David while the other grabbed the waffle maker from the cabinet and the batter.

"Ugh! This is not at all fair, this was supposed to be the gayest day ever, but now, it's ruined by the rain. You know what, the weather is homophobic. Can weather be homophobic? Whatever, it's homophobic on my book, what evil people decided to make it rain on the first day of June anyways?" Sophie groaned, hearing her dads laughing as she did so.

"Aww, sweetie," Patrick rubbed her back, placing her serving of breakfast in front of her, serving him and his husband next, "today can still be 'the gayest day ever.' You can't let a little rain ruin your day. This is your special moment, and nothing and no one can take that away from you,"

The three fell quiet as they began to munch on their breakfast, humming in delight as the warm food lit up their mouths. As the sound of rain tapping on the roof started slowly dwindling, David began asking what their daughter would be interested in doing today if the rain kept up.

A few minutes later, Patrick shushed his family into silence, earning questioning stares from his husband and child. "Do you guys hear that?"

"Hear what, Papa?"

"I think your 'anti-gay rain' stopped, Soph."

Sophie tilted her head and tuned her ears to listen, and once she did process that the sound of pouring raindrops had disappeared, a wide smile spread across her face and she gasped. She ran down to the entryway and threw open the door, stepping out onto the porch and looking up into the sky, wherein place of dark storm clouds, there was a bit of sunlight peeking out, and a rainbow starting to appear just above her head.

Behind her, she heard footsteps coming closer to where she stood and once they reached her, Sophie felt two hands placed on her shoulders.

"Dad, Papa, look! There's a rainbow!"

She turned around, jumped up, and wrapped her arms around both of her fathers' necks, squeezing them as tight as she could, and feeling them do the same back to her.

"Happy pride, Sophie, we love you, no matter what,"

Hey humans! I hope you enjoyed this oneshot today! Don't forget that pride requests are open! Love you all ❤️🌈