Twenty One

(A.N. oh my god were in the twenties !!! tysm for the support <3)

Rosé POV

"I'm so hungryyyyyyyyy can we get something to eat?" Jan whines.
"Ugh, yes, can we get taco bell? I really want a crunchwrap," I say.

I walk to the front of the bus.
"Hey, Borris? Can we stop at taco bell?"
"Vell absolutely," Borris says in his frightening Russian accent.

I shiver as I walk back to my room.

I open the door to find Denali sitting on my bed, crying.
"Oh, babes, what's wrong?"
"What's gonna happen when we get home? Am I just gonna go back to Chicago and you go back to New York and never see each other again?"

I never even thought of that.

"Um, I don't know. I can't not see you again,"
"Me neither."
"Would you be ready to move in? Or move near me?"
"I don't know, I have my best friends in Chicago, and we've only known each other for a few months."
"I don't know what we should do then. I can't move there because my whole career is in New York."
"Yeah,"
"I mean, we could just enjoy right now and see what happens?"
"I guess..." Denali says and frowns.
"You know I love you," I say and kiss her.
"I love you too."

We get interrupted by Jan knocking on my door.
"We're at Taco Bell, if you wanna get something," she says.
I turn to Denali. "Do you wanna go in and get something?"
"Sure."

I help Denali off the bus and we go into the Taco Bell.
"Uhh, can I get 3 tacos and pink lemonade please?"
"Sure," the worker says.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.
"Um, hi, I love your hair."
"Oh, thanks! I love your outfit."
They giggle and thank me. "I'm Alex, by the way."
"Rosé," I say and put my hand out.
"Do you wanna sit with me? My friend got a call and had to leave," they ask.
I look at Denali and she nods.
"Sure!" I say.
We get our food and go sit with them.

"Yeah, and she literally just told my girlfriend that I was cheating on her!" they complain.
"What the actual fuck..."
"Yeah, and then my girlfriend asked me about it, and when I told her, she didn't even believe me!"
"Ugh,"

We're sitting here for like 20 minutes, listening, and it's surprisingly kind of interesting... their life is weird.

We see Borris walk in and wave us down.
"Hey, it was great talking to you, but we have to go," I say.
"Okay! Thanks for listening to me," they say and smile.
We leave the Taco Bell and wave at Alex, who's alone again. I feel kind of bad for them, but I can't really do much about it.

(yes i am the alex i wanted to put myself in the story lmao :))

-next day-

"Denali, I don't think I can wait. I need to know what's going to happen to us when the tour is over. It's ending so soon, and I don't think I can lose you."
"Baby, I don't know what we can do. I love you soooooooooo much, but I have no idea how this is gonna work. I'm so sorry, baby."
"So, would you be willing to move to New York with me? Or is that off the table?"
"I mean, maybe. I'm kind of out of a job right now, so that might be able to work."
"God, I hope so. I love you so fucking much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
"I can't imagine my future with anyone else."

Denali scooches over to me and sits on my lap. She puts her arms around me and her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes.
I do the same.

She's so comfortable. She feels like home.

"Can we just stay like this forever and never move?" I ask.
"Absolutely."

We lie down on the bed and just cuddle and eventually I fall asleep. I assume she did too.

I wake up a few hours later and turn around to give Denali a kiss, but she's not there. I sit up and look around the room for her, and I start to freak out a little. I know I'm overreacting, but a few years ago, my ex-boyfriend left me in the middle of the night, and never spoke to me again. I know she's probably just in the bathroom or something, but I can't help but wonder...

I almost fall over when I get out of bed. Naps always make me lightheaded. I walk around the bus, looking for Denali. She's not in the kitchen, the bathroom, or the front of the bus.

I go into Jan's room and there she is!
"What are you guys doing in here?" I ask and laugh a little.
"You can't hear them???"
"Hear who?"
"Lagoona. She's with a girl. How can you not hear them??" Jan asks.
"I don't know, my hearings kind of shit,"
"Oh, well, your room is too close to hers so we're hiding in here until the girl leaves,"
"Alright, well, I'm gonna go in the kitchen and eat something," I say.

After about 30 more minutes, Lagoona's door finally opens.

A girl walks out. She's so beautiful. She has dark hair that's in gorgeous waves. Her makeup is flawless. My heart is racing. She's tall and wearing a black lace tank top, low waisted jeans, black and white bead necklaces, and red heels.

"Bye, I'll text you later," Lagoona says to her and winks.
"Bye, Goona!!" the girl says and waves.

The girl walks to the kitchen and greets me.
"Hi! I'm Miriam," she says.
"I'm Rosé."
We make eye contact and I'm glad Denali's not here because you can smell the tension in the air. Her eyes are beautiful. They're chestnut brown and her eyeliner is amazing.

She's about to leave, but I can't let her leave. Not yet.
"Wait! Do you want something to drink?"
She turns back to me.
"Ummm, sure! Do you have scotch?"
"Yeah," I say and pour a glass.
"So what do you do?"
"I'm a nurse,"
"Oh, cool,"

We chat for about half an hour and then she says to me,
"I really should go. It was really great talking to you though,"

"Byeee!!" she waves goodbye. There's butterflies in my stomach.

I can't tell Denali about this.

(A.N. alsooo the miriam character is @gigishelmet and yall tysm for reading this shitshow of a story it's fantastic ily)