The Art of Being Alone (Together)

CAITLlN

CAITLlN

Summary:

As far as 17-year-old Delena Torres is concerned, friendship is nothing more than a quick way to get hurt. This has been her mindset for the past two months anyway, ever since her best friend Mei ditched her and started hanging out with her arch enemy.

She's more than ready to spend summer vacation alone — then her parents surprise her by signing her up for a photography course at Camp Create It, the summer camp she and Mei always dreamed of attending. Still, even if she has to be surrounded other campers, Del's determined not to get attached to anyone. She'll spend the summer by herself, honing her photography skills and forgetting about Mei. Easy, right?

Maybe, if it wasn't for the fact that her quirky cabin-mate seems dead set on becoming friends. Or if she could stop running into the cute guy from the kitchen staff. Oh, and if she wasn't in the middle of a prank war after one stupid attempt at revenge, since Mei just happened to show up at camp, too.

Yeah, this "lone wolf" thing might be harder than she thought.

•••••

Review:

8/10

This was a super cute teen fiction/coming of age story. It isn't so much focused on the romance between Delena and the cute guy from the kitchen, and more focused on the friendship aspect.

It's a really good book for younger Wattpad readers and anyone who might want to read a light hearted easy read. The reason I gave the book an 8/10 is because it is a little to young for me and I can't really relate to the characters too much.

Despite that, it was a cute book and I had a good time reading a story with funny character dynamics.