Chapter 2

Something needs to change

○♤○

"Amory! Amory! Wake up!"

Amory suddenly heard a loud ringing sound and her mothers faint voice.

"Amory! Please, wake up!" Amory opened her eyes to see Maria.

Maria had a bruise on her cheek and had tears pouring down her face, smearing her mascara and her red lipstick being rubbed off.

"Are you okay?" Amory asked frantically. "Amory! Don't move." Maria exclaimed, quickly standing up and running to the other room.

A minute later, Maria came back with a wet cloth and started wiping Amory's face carefully.

Amory was confused why Maria was doing this until she saw the cloth when her mother pulled it away before dabbing her face again.

The cloth was quickly covered with blood. Amory looked down and saw her red dress had a few dark spots on it now from the blood.

The blood was coming from the top of Amory's head, blood pouring down her face. Her curly brownish-red hair was covered in blood.

"He's gone.. it's alright." Maria said as a soft whisper. Amory looked around, her eyes a bit blurry because she got some blood in them.

"Why were you letting him hit you? You don't deserv-" Amory started, when Maria suddenly yelled at her, "No Amory, I have to let him, you know why!"

Amory scooted back a bit and Maria looked a bit angry. Maria stood up, "I'm going to bed. James won't be coming back tonight, he's at.... a meeting." She said hesitantly.

Amory knew he wasn't at a meeting. He was with another woman. He did this constantly, going from house to house.

Years ago, James had tricked Maria into thinking he was an amazing man who could provide for her, which led to them getting married.

After they got married, James started beating and abusing Maria to the point where Maria would do anything to keep him from hurting her.

In fact, he had abused Maria so bad that in 1791, he forced Maria to go and seduce Alexander Hamilton, General Washington's right hand man, leading to an affair that James could use to blackmail Alexander, who was married to Eliza Hamilton and had 7 kids, and get money out of him.

If Maria didn't succeed in this, she would've gotten beat to the point where she was almost killed by the abuse.

Alexander did give in to Maria, she was a gorgeous woman and had a traits in which no one could say no to her.

Maria walked to her bedroom, her heels clicking as she walked. Amory watched her mother walk away.

Once Maria closed her bedroom door, Amory got up and walked to her bedroom.

Amory changed into a nightgown and layed down on her bed and pulled the linen blanket over her. She sighed and closed her eyes.

'We can't live like this.. Mother needs to divorce Father. He can't keep beating us, I could care less if he's my father....

Something needs to change.'